Time Stands Still

[A/N: Here we are, the finale of season 1. I shall see you all in War of Change, the Inazuma Arc. If you want to know when it drops, follow me if you're not already for updates. Xiao's mind is made up and comes to Lumine with his answer. Also enjoy yet another song for Xiaolumi which I think fits extremely well for this finale. Also, "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri fits extremely well for Xiaolumi so part one can be found for your pleasure.]

....................................................

The summer sea breeze brought with it the sharp cries of gulls gliding lazily on the warm updrafts. Everywhere around Liyue Harbor sailors and visiting merchants and those on a journey came and went from the city gates and docks. The sea calm with the flow of the gentle tide lapping at the sandy banks. Lone blue conch shells with distinct star just poking out from the sands in the shallows. Towards the heart of the town the residents went about their daily lives. 

A pair of blue hair boys talking eagerly towards the bookstore, a ginger haired harbinger once again winning a bet with his subordinates, the intelligent funeral consultant chewing out his boss for getting in trouble with the millilith again, an eager and peppy chef with her bear-like companion testing a new dish, two half adeptus girls just racing about in their duties, an energetic musician just returning from Fontaine, a violet haired girl going over documents with the elegant silver haired woman, a busy frail green haired doctor tending to patients with his tiny zombie assistant, and so much more. Some yelped in surprise as a rush of wind from anemo ruffled their clothes and hair of passersby. A green blur hopping across up onto the roof tops with frightening speed and ease going straight for Guyun Stone Forest's sandy shores. 

On said sandy shore stood a lone girl with short blonde hair dressed in white and blue. Her scarf billowed softly in the salty breeze. Her eyes of honey amber staring out in the direction of not the harbor capital city itself, no she was staring in the direction that lead to Dihua Marsh. Her hand holding her arm anxiously as if expecting something or somebody to show up.

"Lumine we gotta get going."piped up the fairy floating over to her side.

"No. He promised me that he'll come give me his answer, Paimon. I will wait!"Lumine breathed with a stubborn sigh, not removing her gaze to the horizon. Yes Xiao always kept his promises, something she noticed was also true with Zhongli and Childe. Liyue was the land of contracts but to her she saw it as a land where promises were valued most. Just like Monstandt valuing freedom and the right to carve your own road in life.

"I don't know its almost noon Lumine, Paimon doesn't think he's coming."sighed Paimon.

"Annoying fairy, how dare you question the promise of an adeptus."Lumine whipped around swiftly at the all too familiar sharp rebuke. Standing behind her and very much startling the near by member of Beidou's crew was Xiao, arms crossed as he stared in annoyance at the floating fairy.

"Xiao you came!"squeaked Lumine in joy as he walked over to her side. To her surprise there was a crystal core from an anemo crystalfly in hand.

"N-No way! Paimon thought you wouldn't show up!"gasped Paimon.

"This for you."he hummed placing it just above the twin feathers in her hair. "I have my answer as well, Lumine.

"And what is it my dear Vegiliant Yaksha, what is the answer you have for me?"she asked softly, looking a bit anxious. What if he said he couldn't go? 

Xiao's smile he reserved strictly for her grew with a gentle tenderness as around them the sound of the tide lapping at their feet and the gentle chorus of gulls on the wind graced them. The cranes near by that had stopped to rest taking off for the direction of the marsh as Xiao carefully took her hand that fit so perfectly into his. "I spoke with Rex Lapis, er....Zhongli. He gave me his blessings for us."

Lumine's eyes lit up in realized delight, "Does this mean you'll come with me Xiao to Inazuma?"

"It does."he confirmed.

Lumine's cheerful reaction as she jumped right into his arms had taken him by surprise as she happily held him tight. But that surprise turned into a quiet sort of affection as his arms slowly wrapped around her, firm but warm. The warmth from her soothed and excited him beyond reason. "There is no future for the Yaksha, is that what you said old comrade? Then I want to do what my heart desires."he thought walking over to the boat hand in hand with her. Yes maybe it was time he stretched out his wings, leaving what he knew behind. He was nervous and scared having only really left Liyue once with his lord and his love.

"Who's this?"asked the sailer from the crew.

"He's the one I was waiting for....my most precious partner."grinned Lumine. Yes Xiao was her partner and so much more. She held no regrets having met him that day and everything that had and will happen. 

"Hm alright, I will inform the captain. Now hurry up you two, we should have left ages ago!"he sighed.

The trio wasted no time getting into the boat and took their seats. Lumine and Xiao's gazes turning towards the City of Contracts. It felt strange for each other them. For Lumine, Liyue held a special place in her heart now. For Xiao it was this feeling of freedom he had not felt in so, so long. Their gazes turned back toward each other before they finally went aboard the impressive ship of the Crux. Once aboard Xiao couldn't resist pulling her close, feeling bold and confidant as he kissed her deeply and passionately. The crew swooning and cheering at the sight as Kazuha looked down with a warm smile. A gentle wind of a hushed whisper caressing the adeptus and the traveler as they pulled apart smiles bright and eyes only for each other as time seemed to slow to a stand still around them.

"I love you, Lumi. You are worthy of that, you are aware of that right?"he purred in delight.

"Yes and those three words you struggled with that night, Xiao are more precious to me then gold."Lumine smiled in delight. A smile that could shatter the stars and it was a smile he would always cherish.

~End of Season 1, See you all in S2: War of Change~