Lantern's Light

[A/N: ♫Sha-la-la-la-la-la~! Don't be scared, you better be prepared, go on and kiss the girl♫ Dammit Xiao kiss her you shy tsundere boi!!! Come on guys cheer him on with me! KISS HER! KISS THE GIRL!! KISS HER!! Also I usually don't include picture in the midst of a chapter but I'll make an exception.]

..............................................

"What? He's never gone to the Lantern rite!?"

Paimon was just gawking at Goldet's words where she floated beside a not as surprised Lumined. Today was the final day of the festival and the lanterns would be set loose into the heavens carrying the many wishes and yearnings of the people. Lumine had not seen Xiao since giving him that metal container full of those painkillers. But to be honest knowing what she knew now she could understand why. 

"We're not close so I do not know how to approach him and ask him. But he seems extremely fond of you, Traveler..."Goldet pointed out.

"Hm...I don't know given his current mood...."Lumine trailed off. Still she felt adamant of finding him.

"Yeah it probably would be best if you left him alone for awhile."Paimon advised.

"I suppose you're right. Though I do hope you enjoy the festival's finale tonight. If you don't hurry the city will become too crowded to get any good spots. Happy Lantern Rite, Traveler."Goldet bid in farewell with a sigh.

Lumine smiled though as she got an idea, "Actually Goldet there might be a way. Lets bring the festival to him, here at the inn."

"Oh? I'm listening."Goldet mused in surprise.

"Well I have a few friends that can help us. So here's the plan...."

Damn this inferno time of year!

Its like the stupid wrath of the fallen knew this was Liyue's celebration of its founding under his lord. It always, always became the worst on the final day of the rite. What was more frustrating as he removed his mask standing in the sea of carnage from all the corrupted monsters his thoughts kept wandering back to her. The entire time they wandered to her and then the thought of these things hurting her just made his blood boil over.

They won't touch her, not a damn single hair on her head! As Lord Morax had said his affections for her had not been a hinderance but a boon as he fought and slayed these demons and cleansed the miasma. The thought of any of it finding and harming her...made his heart leap into his throat and his stomach turn sour. "None of them will get a chance, she's too radiant for their insignificant existences!"he thought spitting out a bit of blood before wiping the corner of his lips with a gloved hand. Damn when had he become so clingy over anything!?

His hawk-like gaze turning sharper at spotting another batch of monsters in the dark, malicious aura. So what if this group of monsters had once been the humans of that fallen nation? They were corrupted and tainted now. And corruption that threatened Liyue...must be purged. So with a cry he bolted forward with blinding speed. None would escape his blade for once a hawk had its prey in sight there would be no escape.