Negative Karma

[A/N: Lumine finds out the hard way of the suffering and price the last yaksha pays for his power and his duty. Xiao witnesses Lumine's ability to purify.]

.....................................................................

It had been a few days since she had met Xiao and her curiosity had driven her to stay here at Wanshu Inn. She was not sure why but she wanted to get to know Xiao especially after being handed that horrible news of the deicide. Actually she couldn't get the broken look the young adeptus had when he left to go meet the other adepti. It seemed even the heavens wept even today as Lumine with her sword buried deep in the skull of a geo mitachurl after leaping and pouncing with ease. Causing the monster to fall with a giant thud before vanishing into dark particles. Rising to her feet she flicked her sword before going to wash off the blood from her sword. 

"Well that was the last commission for today."she sighed. "Shall we call it a day and see if we can find any chests before dinner, Paimon?"

"Paimon think its a good idea. More mora means a lot more yummy food for us~!"chuckled Paimon in delight.

"You just want the chef to make some golden crab again."she quipped as Paimon playfully stuck out her tongue. Not a shred of guilt on the celestial fairy's face made Lumine roll her eyes as they left the now obliterated hillicurl campsite behind them. Lumine had decided to inspect and investigate an area of the marsh in a patch of land not too far from the statue of geo archon. The weather had cleared but she had begun to notice something concerning. Blood and carnage covered the field, signaling that a massive battle had just taken place here. Slashes and puncture marks from a spear head in the now damp boggy earth. The air around the area felt oppressive and dark. A set of foot steps in the sea of chaos...that was what they stumbled on as it caught her attention. 

Blood.

Lots of it.

"Oh no...so much blood..."squeaked Paimon in dismay.

Lumine bent down at one set of tracks that seemed to be rather human in shape and ran her hand over the dark crimson to inspect. Just touching this blood made a shiver run up her spine as she sensed an all too familiar power coming from it. "This isn't human blood. Let my intuition be wrong."she muttered as she used her elemental sight. Everywhere she looked she could see heavy traces of anemo as she looked forward from where she crouched over the steps. A blood curdling cry of sheer agony echoing off the mountains of the ever ominous Wuwang Hill reached her ears. It was an inhumane cry and bone chilling yet she found herself start to run with Paimon hot on her heels.

The voice had been Xiao's.

Shit. 

He overdid it.

The pain he was in had always been unbearable every time his karma came to strike and bind him like some kind of dark serpents. But it had been a long time since the reaction had been this severe as he barely kept himself up on his hands and knees in the safety of this forest thick with fog and rain that washed away the blood from his wounds. The rebound had happened the instant he entered the trees, leaving him to howl in agony as it felt like he was being burned alive or worse.