33: Hawaii Day Two

SCARLETT'S POV

"You have a nice family Scar," Robert said, Susan had walked off to their hut, the sound of the ocean hitting against the beams holding the huts up was filling my ears. "I got lucky with her, didn't I?" I said smiling. "You got what you deserve." He said in a matter of fact way. I felt privileged to have Lottie in my life I didn't think I deserved her at all not even close. She flew my brother and my daughter out for my birthday whilst surprising me with a trip to Hawaii. "Just trust her a little more. She'll do right by you. But you need to trust her before you push her away." I frowned. "I saw your face when Florence went remotely near her. If what she did tonight didn't prove to you that she doesn't care about anyone else then you will lose her." He told me flatly. "I trust her... I don't trust Florence. Friends don't look at their friends the way she looks at Lottie. My 8-year-old figured that one out." I say getting annoyed that he was annoyed. "Scar, Lottie wouldn't do anything even if Florence tried... Your daughter called her muma tonight and she didn't even flinch, she comforted her straight away. She didn't make her feel bad for calling her that or stupid. She is that invested in your family, your's, as in you two's family, she's all in, she's not going anywhere."

I nodded blinking back my tears. "I know you, I know you've been through a lot with relationships." He said holding my hand. "She's not the same as them." He whispered like it was a secret. "She's all in. She's taking on Rose, you're trust issues, anxiety, family drama. Don't break her heart by not trusting her." He told me and I nodded listening to him.

"Go, enjoy your evening Scarlett. Tell Charlotte I said goodnight." "Yeah. I will." He kissed my cheek and waited for me to go inside. I hear Lottie singing Rose's song to her. I've sung it to her since she was a baby. I stayed quiet and she went straight to the shower after a few minutes with Rose. I went into the bedroom and waited for her to be done. She came out in a towel. "Did I overstep?" She asked immediately sitting beside me on the bed. "No, no of course not." She let out a breath. I held her hand. "She called me muma." She whispered and I smiled knowing how much that would have meant to her. "She really said it." She looked at me her eyes were glazed over. "Baby," I said tilting my head.

"I meant what I said. I know Flo is touchy sometimes and I know you hate it. And I've told her to stop. I just. I don't want that to-" "I trust you." I tell her cutting her off. "I know Florence and you are friends. Flo and I are friends. I understand that." "She shouldn't overstep. I don't want anyone to touch me like that but you." She tells me and I believed her. "Not anymore anyway." I smiled at her. "Good because I don't like sharing." I kissed her. It was short and sweet.

"She really called me muma." She was still in shock. "I'm glad you didn't go into shock like this and actually calmed her down." I chuckled. "I think I'm only just registering it now. I never thought I'd hear anyone say that to me." "I did. I knew you would have kids, it may not be with me, but I knew you would." I tell her sure of it. She smiled a shy small smile. "It'll be with you... I'm sure of that." "Oh, you are?" I asked teasing her. "Yes, you and I are going to have beautiful babies, with dark hair and big green eyes just like yours." She told me and I chuckled. "You know we can't like." "I took biology Scarlett. I know how it works." She laughed. "But we can try right." I bite my lip and she cupped my face. "How about we finish what we started earlier?" I asked putting my hand on her exposed thigh, I felt her tense under my touch before we connected lips and laid back.

----------

Rose woke Lottie and I up, but she didn't want us to get out of the bed she just wanted to cuddle with us. The bright sun was shining through the windows, I had my girls tucked up on each side of me and it felt blissful.

After the talk we had last night I knew our future was certain and I knew I was closer to getting to use the ring Charles left me. It hasn't been long, but when you know you know. I run my fingers through both of their hairs. I looked down at them and could see Rose playing with Lottie's long slender fingers. Lottie had a fond smile on her face as she watch Rose who was completely concentrated on Lottie's fingers.