14: I Missed This

SCARLETT'S POV

I was nervous to see her. It's been nearly two months and the last time I saw her she was crying which wasn't nice to witness. I've spoken to her a little but I've been with my family and focusing on Rose. She wants to go to this acting school and I've been looking into it, but she's 7 and I don't want to send her away to boarding school. I want her home with me every night. But she's adamant she wants to go and have you tried talking a sassy 7-year-old out of something? It's hard.

I pulled up and I saw Lottie's car already there. Evan's car was here too. I was happy they were both here. Chris can be my support, I don't know why I was so nervous. Maybe it was the warning from her grandpa? I walked through the halls until I got out to the trailers I dumped my stuff down and went straight to hair and make-up.

Lottie was stood in the mirror with a sword well a larger knife and her hair in hand. She was being taught something... "They're doing her hair scene today." Robert filled me in. "The hair scene?" "She cutting her hair for the take." My eyes went wide. She said she hadn't cut her hair because her dad liked it long. She is so attached to it. Tom was teasing her about cutting off a stand and she chased him around the stages for 30 minutes. She only stopped because she had to go and film.

"With a sword?" "Yeah, the blade is so sharp it can cut through anything." This explains why both Lottie and Carl are being very serious right now.

--------

"Are you sure you want to do this? They can use a wig." I tell her. "It's time." She told me firmly. "It's just hair." "It's beautiful hair," I say touching her braid, they have braided it so they can donate it once it's cut. "I'll still have some of it." She says fiddling with it. "You'll look just as stunning without it." Robert encouraged her. She smiled at him.

"Okay, one take people." The director called. Ray the guy who plays Dreykov came over to her and held her braids using them as a leash in a joking way taking her to set. she was giggling doing that nose scrunch thing that I found so cute. Chris ran in, in his costume clearly coming from shooting a scene elsewhere. "good I haven't missed it." He was out of breath. "No, she's about to do it. Think she's having a photo." Robert says looking at her in his costume too. Florence jogged over. Most of the cast were here.

"I need quiet on set please." The director called being dead serious. We all held our breaths. Lottie was hung from the platform and Ray held her hair like he was holding her from falling.

They did their lines a few times before she pulled out the small sword. It was a large knife really. She took a deep breath and Ray pulled her hair a little more stretching it out so it would be easier to cut. She did it and Ray held her hair as she fell onto the airbag beneath her. Ray finished the scene saying his lines and then the bell rang ending the scene. I let go of the breath I was holding. The team went and helped Lottie off the airbag and checked her over to make sure she didn't catch herself with the knife.

She was teary-eyed. "Let's get hair in here please." Was called as she took her braids out. She was trying not to cry, her eyes were glazed over and her lip caught between her teeth. She undid her hair and it feel just above her chest. She ran her fingers through it and hair brought a mirror over. She sobbed when she saw herself. And as the stylist fixed her hair making it a decent cut, not a jagged one she had tears rolling down her cheeks. Florence was over there with her. Ray handed her the rest of her hair and she looked at them in disbelief.

"I should go over right?" Robert asked me. "Go for it." Tom encouraged following him. "It's just hair," Robert told her. "It grows back. Stop with the tears." He told her and she listened nodding. The commotion finished and everyone went back to their stages. I was left with her and Ray. "You look amazing," I assured her. I ran my hand through it pushing it off her face. "You have longer hair than me." She smiled. "Mines fake." "Mine will be when this film is wrapped." She said with a chuckle. "I think it suit's you. And you can still get it in a bun." I said pulling her hair up. It wasn't short at all, it was just a lot less hair than she had. But it is a very drastic change from what she had previously.