Chapter 16 | Horrific scars

Start from the beginning

I was so focused on the punching bag and imagining that it was them, the reasons of my nightmares, that I didn't even hear that the others had arrived. Suddenly I heard a loud gasp and I turned around to see not just papa and my besties but also my family.

FUCK! was all that came to mind.

This was not how I wanted them to find out about my scars.

I quickly grab my hoodie and pull it over my body not liking how everyone kept staring at my scars. I've accepted them but that doesn't mean that I'm comfortable with people just staring at them.

Kody's POV (oldest brother)
We all decided to go the hospital to pick Manon up because she was allowed to go back home today.

When we got to the hospital and made it to her room she was nowhere to be seen and all her stuff was gone.

I immediately started thinking of what could have happened.

Did she leave? Was she taken from us again?

I looked at James and he told us that he would call her. After he finished the call he told her that she was home.

Not where we leave but where Misha and Arthur live.

We all quickly left the hospital and went over to their house.

When we arrived Manon was nowhere to be seen. Not in the kitchen, the living, her bed- or bathroom, closet and also not in the movie room. Everyone started to panic.

Suddenly we heard thuds coming from somewhere in the house. I looked over at Misha and Arthur they had this look of realisation on their face.

"She's in the gym" the both of them said Ah the same time.

We follow them to the gym and the sight we're greeted with is horrifying.

Luca's POV (second oldest brother)
When we finally made it to the gym, we were met with Manon beating the shit out of a punching bag. Damn I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of those punches.

I started looking closer at her examining her stance and technique when my eyes caught sight of something on her torso.

Scars. Lots of them.

Stab wounds, large cuts, cigarette burn marks, larger burn marks, gun shots ...

That was just her back of her body. I heard someone gasp beside me but I was to focused on Manon to know who it was.

When she heard the gaps she turned around. Letting us see her stomach, legs and arms.

Her legs had stab wounds and gun shot wounds.

Her left leg had a word carved in it.

'Nothing.' Why is that word on her leg?

Her right arm had a big burn mark. For a burn mark to leave a scar it has to be severe. I'd say third degree burn.

Her stomach had one big scar. A word.