𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 49

Start from the beginning

Minutes later, the two still couldn't remove their eyes of the beautiful view. It was stunning, how the ocean moved so careless and free, strong wave after wave with surfers trying to become one with them.

"I love it here."

His eyes landing on her soft smile made him grin. "Me too. I come here a lot actually."

Cocking an eyebrow, Charity tilted her head slightly to the side. "So this is your spot?"

Humming, he nodded. "Yeah. You could say that."

"Well," Charity turned around fully, leaning back against the railing. "thank you for sharing it."

His grin never left, shaking his head lightly. "No problem. I knew you would appreciate it here just as much as I do."

Crossing her arms, the blonde's lips curved up in a playful smile. "But you do understand that this is gonna be my spot too now, right?"

"So you're gonna steal it from me, huh?" Corbyn chuckled lowly underneath his breath, nudging her. "I see how it is. And then you think you can trust someone." He scoffed dramatically, rolling his eyes before she gave him a small shove and flick on the head. "Hey!"

"Fine." Charity rolled her eyes as well with as she watched his playful scold. "What about our spot?" Out of the corner of her eyes she could see figures walking around the beach, and she chuckled. "And that of probably thousands of other people."

Letting out a small snort, Corbyn nodded and leaned on the railing beside her. "Fine. Our spot."

As she watched him play annoyed, she rolled her eyes playfully and nudged him, making him laugh and pull her into his side.

His head rested against hers, which rested on his shoulder again.

By now they were so used to the others touch that it felt weird to not have their shoulders or fingers brush against one another, or to not have at least one arm wrapped around you. It had become such a habit that they even did it unconsciously.

There was something else though that kept the two thinking, not allowing them to fully enjoy the moment.

Anxiously tapping her nails, and him ruffling through his hair for maybe the tenth time within a minute—they couldn't hold it in anymore, their brain being too slow to keep them from spilling their thoughts.

"Is this a date?"

"What are we?"

It was all it took to make things tense and awkward between them, brown eyes and blue not daring to lock onto one another.

Until a shaky breath filled the air, fingers slowly moving on top of the other. "I.....I would it to be a date, actually." Nervousness laced his voice, his eyes widening at what he had said. "If you want that too of course."

Chuckling softly underneath her breath, Charity turned to take in the blush rising on his cheeks which made him look like an adorable dork in her eyes. "I would love that too." Her smile shy as she laced their fingers together.

Letting a sigh escape he didn't even know he was holding—Corbyn smiled widely and pulled them to his lips, pecking them ever so slightly, a smile gracing her lips as he did.