Chapter Eighteen

With his head leaning on his hand, Micah kept his gaze out the window, watching as all the trees and houses flew past

Every now and then he turn to look at Carlisle, but then he'd always shake his head and go back to looking out the window.

His hand twitched, he wanted nothing more than to reach over and clasp Carlisle's hand within his own, but he didn't want to give off the wrong impression to the vampire. He didn't want Carlisle to think he was forgiven that quickly.

Micah began bitting his lip while silently wondering where they where going. Carlisle hadn't said anything from the moment they stepped into the car, and Micah being himself, wasn't going to say anything either.

In the corner of his eye, he could see Carlisle looking at him briefly before looking back to the road. Micah opened his mouth to ask a question before shaking his head and clamping it shut.

It wasn't long before Carlisle parked the car and switched it off. Shifting in his seat, Carlisle moved so he could look at his Mate.

"I-I know your not fond of crowded places," he mumbled softly, "So I thought here would be the perfect place."

Micah gave him a look of confusion, all he could see was rocks and trees. There was a soft sound of water but that was about it.

Smiling nervously, Carlisle clambered out of his black Mercedes Benz and before anyone could blink, he was on the other side opening the door for his Mate.

Micah unbuckled his belt, looking at Carlisle's extended hand with hesitation. Biting his lip, he slowly placed his hand in his and let Carlisle help him out of the car.

With his arm now hooked with the vampires, both Carlisle and Micah walked through the trees. "Where are we going?" Micah asked softly.

Carlisle smiled mysteriously, "It's just up ahead." Smiling down at his Mate, Carlisle tried to hide how nervous he truly was. Unlike his children, he hadn't spent as much time with Micah. So he had no idea if Micah was actually going to like it or not. He hoped he did. He didn't want to disappoint him any more than what he'd already done.

Coming to a stop, the sound of waves even stronger now, Carlisle placed his hands over Micah's eyes, much to the teens confusion. "Just one more step."

After a small count to three, Carlisle removed his hands to show a picnic set up on the beach. It wasn't the beach at the reservation, Micah noted.

In the middle, near the sea, there was a blue and white towel that held a chopping board of food. Next to that was a wicker picnic basket and two bottles of Corona, and pottered around the set up, was candles.

(Pretend it's night and there are candles everywhere

(Pretend it's night and there are candles everywhere.)

Carlisle began rubbing the back of his neck, "Do you like it?" He asked with uncertainty, "It's just, I remember you saying you don't like crowds and I just thought that if it was just you and me, you might feel more comfortable. And I tried to find something for us that you might like and then I remembered when you mentioned how you like the beach, so I thought why not come here instead."

Micah smiled a soft, warm smile while he listened to Carlisle ramble, and stumble over his words. "It's great." He said gently, "It's perfect."

Holding his hand out, he watched Carlisle let out an unnecessary breath before latching onto his hand. Walking over, Micah took off his shoes and placed them just outside the towel before sitting down, Carlisle doing the same.

"So, I might have gone a little crazy," Carlisle mumbled as his gaze drifted over all the food, "I made your favourites. I didn't know which one to make, so I made them all."

"Well," Micah laughed quietly, looking over all the food himself, "I don't know if I'll manage to eat it all, but I'm definitely going to try."

Micah licked his lips, he didn't know what to start with. Everything looked so tasty and mouthwatering.

Leaning over, Micah decided to start with the nachos and cheese. Micah moaned when the gooey, yellow goodness hit his tongue. This had to be the best cheese he had ever tasted.

"This is amazing!" Micah said in delight, reaching over to eat more. "What cheese is this? It's so rich but not at the same time."

Carlisle looked over to his mate with blown eyes, a wineglass of Lions blood in his hand, "Its name is Baciodilatte. It was brought here from Italy." Taking a sip of his food, Carlisle watched as Micah nodded before placing another one in his mouth.

Once that bowl was empty, Micah reached over and grabbed one of the two bottles of Corona. Pulling out the slice of lime, he quickly squeezed it into the bottle before taking a large gulp. "How did you know Corona was my favourite drink?" He asked with curiosity.

Carlisle smiled bashfully, "I might have asked Alice," he answered softly, taking another sip, before looking back at his Mate who was nodding his head.

"Are," Micah paused, "Are the girls alright?" He asked. Much like he had the others, Micah hadn't really spoken much to the Cullen women. It wasn't like he didn't want to, he just didn't want his Mates to feel like he would much rather be with the girls than them. Just because they hurt him, didn't mean he was going to hurt them.

Carlisle smiled, "There alright," he told him, "They miss you, that's for sure. Esme misses cooking for you, Alice misses your input on clothes shopping, and Rosalie misses fixing her car with you."

Micah nodded his head quietly, he was going to have to talk to them all again at some point. Especially since he was now giving his Mates a chance to earn their forgiveness.