"My queen!" A guard burst into the room with panic in his eyes, he glared at Nevada who looked pale like she just saw a ghost. Another guard rushed into the scene as he glanced at Maria and back at the troubled-looking queen, "My queen, are you alright?" He inquired with a hint of concern in his voice.

Nevada nods in approval as she turned to face them, "Where is Theophilus?" She implored.

"He will be here soon my queen" one of the guards replied immediately as they both bowed and closed the door behind them.

Nevada turned to Maria and slowly, she let go of her fingers, her other hand placed on her chest.
"Everything" Nevada whispered with flickering eyes. Tears welled up her eyes as she moved backward, her hand still on her chest, her neatly packed hair fell, the end touched her waist graciously.

"Lucifer" she muttered as that name brought so much discomfort to her. Her eyebrow twisted in anger as she diverted her gaze to the open window, the chirping sound of birds filled her ears.

******************************
Lucifer sat on his throne with a mixed expression on his face, he stared at the burning fire before him, his eyes shown in great anger.

"The curse is broken" he muttered as the four princes of darkness glared at him not saying a word.

Lucifer's hand twisted in a fist as he hits the edge of his seat with fury eyes, "The curse is broken!" He growled loudly this time as the whole room shook in fear, "Mother and daughter has locked eyes together, the curse bestowed on them has been broken" he breathed loudly and angrily, "Beleth has gone too far and must be stopped!" He roared, the room vibrated more powerfully.

"My Lord" a hard voice called out within the four princes. Lucifer turned to the direction the voice came from realizing that it's Satanist who has been quiet throughout this dilemma.
"Your daughter Ammit must be on her way to stop Beleth, you don't have to worry my lord" he assured Lucifer as he bowed gently in respect.

Lucifer looked away from him, impatiently, he tapped the edge of his throne with his fingers as the sound filled the lukewarm room. "Let's watch and see how things go, death indeed has come their way, I won't let them go" he announced with so much power that the ground beneath them shook tremendously.

******************************
"Mother" Maria let out softly, she turned to Nevada who stood beside her with a reassuring smile on her face. One of the maids presents brought a golden chair and placed it beside the bedstand. Nevada sat on it as she held Maria's hands with a fulfilled smile on her face, "My child" she whispered with a voice filled with nothing but pure love as mother and child stared at each other.

Slowly, Maria turned to Filippo who stood beside her with a smile on his face. His appearance looks better as he had clean clothes on and his face was nicely bathed and moisturized with fragrance oil. "Filippo, you are here" Maria mumbled as Filippo nodded in agreement, his fingers wrapped around his sword.

Still confused, Maria turned to Nevada who was changed into a more simple gown, her hair was let loose as it shine brightly and beautifully.

"It was brown in color, but as the years went by, it turned black" Nevada let out softly as she noticed Maria's eyes fixed on her hair.
Diverting her gaze to Nevada, Maria sat up slowly, her eyes scanning around the lavishly made room which was decorated with beautiful ornament and the atmosphere which smelled so nice.

"How?" Maria let out as she fixed her eyes on Nevada who sat still watching her.

"It is a long story dear, but I will explain everything to you" Nevada replied gently. She looked at Filippo with wondering eyes, "How did you two find me? I need to know everything" she said firmly.
Filippo glanced at the maids present and back at Nevada. At once, Nevada understood and she ordered the maids to leave the room. Making sure that they were alone, Nevada turned to Filippo, "You can talk now" she instructed not leaving her gaze from him.

Filippo narrated their ordeal starting from the destruction of the church, Maria's conversion into a demon by Lucifer, his encounter with her, and how they met a strange man who told them that the fate of the world depended on Maria's mother.

"We need your help," Filippo said with a serious look on his face, "The devil has broken the heart of the church bit by bit, evil has risen so fast that chance of survival is slim and impossible but we won't give up. There is still a chance and a way to defeat Lucifer but everything depends on you, you are our last hope because no one knows the devil more than you" Filippo's face hardened as he stared at her.

Gradually, Nevada stood up and walked towards the other side of the room, her eyes fixed on the window near her. Filled with so many words, she closed her eyes and breathe deeply, as she touched the pendant around her neck.
Quickly, she turned to them, their eyes fixed on her as they waited for her to say a word.

"Defeating the devil won't be easy," She let out truthfully.

"But we can try" Maria spoke out glaring at her mother, "The world is in ruins, I am surprised that nothing harmful has occurred here but if we don't take charge, evil will fall upon your kingdom and your people. The devil won't take no or defeat for an answer" Maria paused as she glanced down with a regretful look, "I don't know why he is my father" she said sadly, "He made me a beast and I killed the only people that ever loved and cherish me. I killed my best friend!" A tear rolled down her eye as she glanced up at Nevada, "And I won't let him take anyone that means so much to me. We have no time so you must help us, mother" she begged with soft eyes.

Nevada turned to Filippo and back to her child, she walked back to her chair, sat, and glared at Maria with a hardened look.
"I will help you but first, I must explain everything to you because if you don't know the basics, defeating your father will be an impossible task," She said firmly.

Filippo nodded attentively. Nevada turned to him and back at Maria, "Let's go back to 19 years ago, the year I found myself lying deep in the woods" she announced softly as a cold sensation filled them.