⊰ 21 ⊱

"I am no Royalty."

"Rather, I am one of those that lie between their legs."

The unveiling left him blinded. But nothing, even this truth, couldn't reduce the amount of care he carried in his heart for this bluebird in the cage.

"I was born to a courtesan. Since the beginning, I was looked at as something impure, besmirched. People asked their children to stay away from me or they too would get tainted." Jongho listened, pain kept welling up in his heart.

"The reason why you found me at the Royal camp was that I had just been sold to their Royal Guard."

Despise was evident in his expression at the reminiscence. "That gruesome man was treating me like an animal. He told me that my body screamed like a slut to any man that laid eyes on me to taint me with their debaucheries. And I was the one to be blamed to turn them into sinners. I dreaded the moment I would have to share the bed with him."

His breath quivered and he closed his eyes, trying to hide his pain from being revealed.

"I-I didn't want to feel like that anymore."

"Jongho- I was about to take my own life when you found me."

Jongho's world stopped moving, couldn't even feel his heartbeat.

"Yeosang," Jongho couldn't tell anymore if he was sorry or relieved that he had abducted him.

Suddenly, shame came crashing down on him, the parallelism of scenarios made him realise what he had done. "Yeosang, I don't know how to apologize. I ripped open your wounds with my obscene deeds that day."

"No, it was not your fault. It was me who was rendered lascivious by the drugs. I know you won't ever do such a thing. I still remember how you apologized to me beforehand for what you were going to do to me, even though it was for my own sake."

"It's me who doesn't know how to thank you, for what you have done and are still doing for me."

Jongho felt warm in his heart from the acknowledgement, but the guilt persisted, "I am so sorry. I never considered your feelings or the aftermath of my actions, I could have scarred you for life."

"How could you have? You- you are my Salvatore." A soft, teary smile adorned his face as he addressed his saviour, surely he had grown a liking for the sound of it.