⊰ 26 ⊱

It was a peaceful evening at the palace, Jongho was at his favourite place as he merrily adorned his horse, thinking about his lover waiting for him.

"I don't understand why these patrols have taken a regular presence in your schedule." Seonghwa sneaked up as Jongho saddled his horse, making him jump out of his skin, not because of the sudden appearance, he was trained for that, but for getting caught in his act. Absolutely, he was his master.

"Seems like something happened when you went for that so-called attending to some personal matters. These days you have this smitten look on your face always."

Jongho denied with a shake of his head. But the blush was so apparent. The Imperial Guard chuckled, "It's your age to fall in love, enjoy the whole process." Jongho just bowed and started to leave.

"You won't have to travel every day. You know you can bring your swain here. You are our Royal Guard after all."

Jongho turned with a stern look on his face, "I would try to keep my loved ones as far away as I can from this crooked palace."

Seonghwa giggled at the bold confession. "Well, you have grown a lot Jongho."
--

As if even the mare loved escaping from the palace walls in the beautiful evenings, she sprang faster just as the riders heartbeat did in anticipation.

The same inn, visible in distance and a figure could be seen waiting on the gates, but he wasn't the same as before.

Hair short, dyed brown with henna, donning a leather apron with tools inside; muscles no longer lean and soft hands were now callused with everyday labour at the inn. Even his name was different now, much to the counterparts liking, adding his last name to his name.

As if his old self was actually executed that night and it gave birth to this persona of himself. This was his new life, in this new realm, where no one knew him or what he had been.

Just like every day the door was opened and yet again the amusement of seeing him didn't fade away.

He couldn't believe it, the person he had once captured, had now captured him for life.

.•° ✿ °•.

The one who he thought was an immaculate divinity, was tainted by hundreds.

The one who he thought was his Salvatore, was the annihilator of hundreds.

He found acceptance.
He found repentance.
And they found solace, in each other.

°•. ✿ .•°

⊱ END OF ENSLAVED ⊰