Chapter Eight

xx Chapter Eight ~ There's a Rainbow in Every Corner xx

What's happening? Why is Jack Harries kissing me? No, this can't be happening. I'm already dating Finn. I can't do this to him.

I pushed Jack away from me so hard that he almost fell off his chair. His eyes widened in shock as if he just realized what he had done. Soon after, his eyes became foggy again and his whole body slumped and collapsed on the table. I narrowed my eyes at him and poked him but he didn't budge.

Is he joking around with me?

I stared at him a little bit more but he stayed still, then I heard him snoring softly. I sighed and went on a search for Finn. I found him at our table laughing at a joke that someone've made. Zoey and Louise were no where in sight, probably mingling on the dance floor. I cleared my throat, making the boys look up at me.

"What's up?" Finn grinned. He wasn't drunk which made me smile slightly.

"Jack's dead drunk, he's sleeping on the bar table. I should to take him home," I informed him. Finn frowned slightly but nodded in acknowledgement.

"I'll drive you home," he separated himself from the crew, and we said our goodbyes. Finn follow me to the bar and eyed Jack. Finn managed to get him to stand up with ninety percent of Jack's body supported by him. I reached to help but Finn shook his head.

"It's fine, I can handle this. Let's go," he resisted. I nodded and led the way out. When we reached the car, I realized that Finn had the car keys. Our gaze met, and it seemed like he read my mind.

"It's in my right pocket in my trousers," he said. I nodded and reached for it awkwardly, not meeting his eyes. We got into the car and threw Jack's limp body in the back seats. We started to drive in a comforting silence, that seemed soothing after such a day.

"Do you want me to help you to move in tomorrow?" Finn offered kindly.

"That'll be perfect. At what time?" I smiled at him.

"Eleven o'clock? I'll help you pack and move your things. We can grab lunch after we're done." He suggested.

"Sure," I nodded in agreement.

"Sorry about Jack, I don't know what got to him. He had always controlled his drinking amount." He wondered with a quizzical look on his face. I stayed silent, not wanting to bring back the memory of the kiss and the confusion along with it.

"Rest for now," Finn cooed, taking his glance off to road and giving me a smile. I obeyed and closed my eyes. The darkness calmed me and was sucking me into a deep sleep.

~ ~ ~

My eyes fluttered open slightly and unwillingly by the gentle touch on my forehead. I squinted to focus and soon saw Finn's face close to mine. He saw me wake and blushed and looked away, not meeting my eyes. My wondering eyes searched around, and I noticed that I was tucked in bed in my hotel bedroom. I realized that Finn had probably carried me up to my suite, found my keys in my clutch, took off my uncomfortable heels for me, tucked me in bed, and even kissed me goodnight. I smiled sweetly at him.

"Thank you," I whispered gratefully. He met my glaze again and this time, his eyes were full of tenderness and love that warmed me from inside out. He flashed his brilliant smile.

"Any time, love," he replied, his hand stoking my hair gently. "You should rest now, I'll see you tomorrow. Sweet dreams, Alex."

He retreated his hand and with another smile, he left my bedroom, closing the door behind him quietly. I snuggled into my bed, hugging my pillow, my mind full of him. I dozed off into a deep sleep again but this time, it was into a sweet dream with Finn.