Chapter 2 - Knocked Out

Chapter 2; Knocked Out.

My head was pounding and it hurt terribly. Slightly opening my eye's I checked out my surroundings. Baby blue walls, white ceilings, comfy queen size bed, I was obviously in my room. Tilting my head to the side something heavy and cold slid from off of my forehead, I caught it before it fell off the bed. I saw that it was an ice bag so I just placed it back in it's old position and continued to stare at the wall. The constant throbbing in my head wouldn't stop and all I could do was continue to feel it and hope it goes down. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, so lifting my lower half and dragging my phone out of the pocket, I picked up.

" Hello" I answered.

" Rebecca! Thank god you're okay, do not move.I'm coming over now" Ryan quickly said into the phone before I heard the dial tone.

For the first time in my life I actually think Ryan was happy to hear from me, well that was insanely weird. Placing my phone back beside me, I began to remember what had happened today. From the break up to the plan and finally to the beating I got from the two idiots that decided fists were more effective than speaking or yelling in their case.

" Becky" Ryan said as he came into my room. How he got in without my mom home and myself on a bed, I didn't even question.

Turning my gaze onto him, I saw the worried expression in his green eyes and pursed lips. And then it hit me that he had called me Becky which was his mother's childhood nickname for when we were children. He hadn't called me that since we were children. Especially not hearing it in a condesending tone completley threw me off. 

" Hey" I replied, ignoring the shortening of my name.

" You're okay right?" and with that question, he came over to my bed and sat on the edge of it, much closer to me.

Well wasn't this just awkward? I mean how do you answer that, when you got punched either by your ex boyfriend or your fake boyfriend. So I lied, " Yeah I'm fine. Just a bit of a headache"

" Do you need me to get anything. I'm really sorry Rebecca." He reached out and held my hand in his.

Yeah where was Ryan Atwood and what did this guy do to him? was my first thought," Sorry for what exactly?"

" For punching you. I really didn't mean to. That bitch hid behind you and I was so angry I just aimed without really looking." He explained, obvious shame crossing his facial features. 

Part of me wanted to hit him for hitting me but then the other part wanted to hit Michael because he must have provoked him.  Deciding to be the bigger person, I said," Don't worry about it. Its all good."

" You sure?"

I squeezed his hand that was still gripping mine and gave him a small reassuring smile, " Yeah I'm sure."

" Okay good. Do you have any ice cream? This stress got me hungry." He asked, obviously happy he didn't have to deal with the guilt anymore.

I rolled my eyes but answered anyways. " Yeah, downstairs in the kitchen if you remember where that still is."

" Be back in a couple minutes" I heard him shut the door after him and then just his footsteps walking downstairs.

I was left alone with my thoughts. Then it all hit me like a bullet. Micheal, the guy I thought loved me dumped me. For what? A bunch of stupid sluts. My heart clenched, my breath came out more rigid and a fresh roll of tears fell down my cheeks. I could feel myself disappearing into the black hole of breakup depression and part of me really wished I'd just let myself fall into it. But that wasn't who Rebecca Cohen was, she was a fighter. Still today I gave myself the excuse of wallowing in my self pity, I mean the one guy I loved with all my heart and soul completely deserted me and on our one year anniversary for a girl who probably didn't even know him.

" Im back!" Ryan's voice snapped me out of my thought.

Quickly wiping my face with my sleeve I put a fake smile on my face " Welcome back"

" Hey is everything okay with you?" Ryan handed me a bowl.

Stuffing my face with ice cream I nodded to his question and tried to take deep breaths.

" Okay so about our deal.. Mind discussing the rules and stuff to me." He said as he dug into his own bowl of ice cream. 

Was he serious?Did he not know how to be a perfect "Fake" boyfriend. I couldn't help but laugh until I realized he was serious, " Really?"

" Yeah." 

Well wasn't that just perfect? Ask a guy to be the perfect boyfriend and he had no clue how to even be a crappy boyfriend or a boyfriend in general. There was no way I could do this by myself so I told him to hold up and quickly texted Star and Damon. Guy's I need help teaching Ryan how to be the best boyfriend come over this instant.

Looking at Ryan I said " Help will be on its way."

" I'm scared" He admitted.

" You should be." I laughed and continued eating my ice cream.

***

My cell began blaring the stupid ring-tone Michael assigned to himself. I grabbed my phone before it continued blasting the provactive song "Get Low By; Lil Jon. Pressing the answer button, I tried not to curse him out and attempted for the whole suave and calm act us girls do once we get out hearts broken.

" Yes.." I said through clenched teeth.

No one responded for a minute and then I heard that familiar voice. " Bex, Hey  its Micheal."

" Goodbye" was my answer.

" Bu-" I cut him off by slamming my phone shut.

Huffing after the hang up, I starred at my phone as if I had laser eyes and it would fry the phone and possibly Michael. Whilst I continued to glare at the phone, I eventually just threw it to the end of the bed and attempted to take deep breaths.

" You are a freak." Ryan chuckled.

Turning my death stare to him I almost began talking until I heard " We're here!" It was Star and Damon. Guess its time to transform the " Player" to the perfect " Boyfriend.