"See. We didn't die," came his smart reply before the elevator continued and opened at my floor. 

I unlocked the door and we walked in. He helped me pack a little more and I made enough dinner for us. After having dinner, he left, telling me he'd be here tomorrow afternoon with the movers to pick me up. 

He took a step to go back to the elevator but stopped, turning to me. "Tiffany." 

"Yes?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe. 

"You really did... do great today," he nodded softly. 

My brows twitched in surprise. "Is that a compliment?" 

He rolled his eyes before shaking his head at me. "This is why I don't compliment you otherwise." 

"But you want to?" 

"Goodnight, Tiffany." He turned and started walking. 

"Do you?" I called out after him.

He didn't reply or stop, he just stepped into the elevator, glancing at me. "Maybe!" he called out right before the doors closed. 

I scoffed softly, closing the apartment door, locking it shut, and going into my room. I changed and got into bed, turning the lights off, feeling a little exhausted. 

Tomorrow, Vince has a photoshoot with Arena Sports and Adorned, two sports brands that some of the other team players have worked with. He also has a meeting with his PR team. He's lying to them about our relationship. He doesn't trust the team even though their job is to make sure he has good publicity. Since they somewhat failed to do their job these past six months, he's not willing to tell them the truth. He also has practice before the photoshoots and tomorrow instead of working out in the morning, he said he'll go in the evening. 

Vince has a personal trainer within the gym that's in his apartment complex. Instead of going to any other gym, he usually just works out there. Once in a while, a reporter swings by to get his picture for the latest updates. I saw a few in the six months I wasn't working for him. 

The next morning my alarm rang and I got myself out and dressed. I figured I should be more careful with what I wear because I know I'll be photographed everywhere I go now. It's kind of scary to think about it like that. I settled for a pair of jeans with a plain white tank and a peach-pink mini button-up cardigan to go on top of that. I showered, got dressed, and put my hair up in a high ponytail. I was eating french toast when my doorbell rang. I answered the door knowing it was Vince. 

Normally, I would go pick him up but he's here now. How ironic. Well, it's only for today. I'll be living with him soon enough. I grabbed my stuff, finished the toast, and answered the door. 

"Ready?" he asked immediately. 

I nodded, locking the door. So we left, heading to the stadium for practice. There were more paparazzi roaming about the stadium than there usually are. 

He parked the car and turned to me. "There's a spare pair of sunglasses in the glove compartment. Put them on. They might be a bit too big but..." he trailed off with a shrug. 

I took them out and slipped them on. "I feel like a spy," I mumbled. 

He huffed beside me and turned the car off, shaking his head at me while pulling his own sunglasses down from his head and onto his eyes. He climbed out and got the door for me, taking my hand as soon as I got out. I glanced at our hands while he locked the car while paparazzi spotted us and began rushing over. Vince gave my hand a little tug, urging me to walk faster. "We don't actually want to answer questions. Walk faster," he sighed. 

"It's only eight in the morning, Jesus, I can't walk any faster than this," I mumbled. 

He pulled me closer to him as we reached the entrance and security opened the door for us. He pushed me in front of him, keeping his hands on my waist as he walked behind me until we made it inside. His thumb brushed against my skin where my tank rode up an inch while he stopped and turned to me, making a show out of our presence. "You can sit with the other assistants in the lounge room." 

"Oh, you won't make me sit out in the stands while you practice anymore?" I pulled on a smile, pushing the sunglasses to my head and standing on my toes, going closer to him. 

"Hmm, there's no paparazzi in there, so you don't have to be there." 

I nodded in understanding. I couldn't let his orders like that make me feel even a little hurt. This is what I signed up for. "All right."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 21

I'll be updating 'Afraid' tomorrow!

next chapter: confirm