"You really want to do an interview with them?" I asked. 

"Yes, Tiffany," he sighed, nearing my apartment building. 

"Okay," I mumbled, typing back a formal reply. I couldn't tell them my email address, so I told them James' instead. I then handed the phone to him and took my seatbelt off. "Anything else?" I asked. 

He paused and then asked, "How much have you packed?" 

"Most of the apartment is done. I'll be done by tomorrow afternoon. You can send the movers tomorrow evening or the day after. Whatever works for you." 

"Let me see how much you've packed. I need to know what to tell the movers." He took his seatbelt off. 

I eyed him for a minute. "You're coming upstairs?" 

He nodded. We climbed out and I took the hat off, handing it to him. He pulled it on and we walked in, stepping into the elevator. I pressed the button to my floor and sighed, looking up at the light as it flickered again. "Why won't your building just have the power supply checked?" he scoffed. 

"How would I know?" The elevator jerked once, the light flickering more than earlier. "I think..." I trailed off, turning to face him. "We'll be stuck." 

He gave me a blank look. "No shit, Tiffany." 

The elevator jerked, a loud thud coming from the top before the light went out completely. There was a soft buzz at first and then silence. The generator should power up any minute. I waited one minute, then two, then three, but it never turned on. 

"Are you kidding? Is there no generator?" he asked. 

"There is. Maybe it's not working?" 

He huffed loudly. 

I rolled my eyes, glad he couldn't see me. "You know, I didn't ask you to come with me. You're the one who wanted to see just how much I packed." 

"I wouldn't have come if I knew this would happen," he replied. 

I mumbled under my breath, "Whatever." I leaned against the wall, folding my arms across my chest. It would be back on any minute. It's not like I haven't been stuck in an elevator before. I have... Only once. The elevator jerked and I took in a sharp breath, grabbing the first thing I could reach. 

"Ms. Tiffany," he said after a long pause. 

"What?" I cleared my throat. 

"Are you scared of the dark?" 

"No," I huffed, "I'm scared of dying in an elevator. They're not supposed to jerk around like this are they?" I bit back a whimper as it fell a little lower. I gasped, "What if it falls down the shaft?" 

"And why would that happen? It's a secure building, stop freaking out. And if you hold onto my arm any tighter, you'll be responsible for the damage done to my playing arm." 

I softened my grip a little, fisting the sleeve of his shirt now but shifted closer to him until I felt his arm brushing against mine. I heard the familiar buzz of the power turning back on and within a few moments, it did. I turned to look at him and found him already facing my way while leaning against the wall, resting his head against it.