Part 3

"I think I might," Maya said, tears filling her eyes, "It's really hard to breathe right now. I used the pulse ox, and it said my O2 is 100, but I feel really bad."

"Ok," Vic said, kicking into full paramedic mode, "Let me see your hands."

Maya held out her shaky hands, Vic flicking on the lamp to better see her friend's skin.

"Damn it," Vic said, seeing the bluish tint Maya's finger nail beds were getting, "You are cyanotic. Sit tight. I'm going to grab your wallet and phone. Anything else?"

"Headphones?" Maya asked, coughing again, "And phone charger."

Vic quickly gathered everything Maya would need before both of them pulled on their masks and Vic helped Maya down to the car, the blonde having to stop twice to catch her breath. She seriously thought about calling the station and getting an aid car, but she knew she would get Maya there faster.

"It's going to be ok," Vic said as she saw tears filling her friend's eyes, "Just relax. Grey Sloan is going to get you feeling better soon."

Vic was honestly terrified at how sick Maya looked right now, driving as quickly as she could to the hospital.

"I guess I take you to the ER?" Vic said, realizing she had no idea what to do with her friend if they weren't arriving in the rig.

"Covid entrance," Maya said, "There's a Covid entrance around the back."

Vic nodded, driving as quickly as she could to where Maya was talking about.

As they pulled up, a nurse came to the car, "How can I help you?"

"We were diagnosed with COVID-19 four days ago, and she is having a hard time breathing," Vic said, looking at the nurse, "She's slightly cyanotic too."

"Alright," the nurse said, "Can I grab some quick vitals out here?"

"Of course," Vic said as Maya nodded.

The nurse came back a second later with a thermometer, blood pressure cuff, and pulse ox.

"Ok," the nurse said as Maya opened the door, "Now, this will tell me..."

"My oxygen," Maya said, coughing, "I am a fire captain."

"So you know the drill," the nurse nodded, grabbing Maya's vitals quickly and writing them down, "Alright, heart rate is higher than normal, but your temp is 104.1 and your oxygen is 84 so that would explain that. With oxygen that low, we are going to admit you, get you on some oxygen and try to get your fever down a little. I'm going to go grab a wheelchair and get you into a room. You are not going to be able to come with your friend. "

"I know," Vic nodded as the nurse left, "I guess we need to get a new pulse ox. Yours is clearly broken. You gonna be ok by yourself?"

"I need to call Carina," Maya started, coughing.

"I'll call her," Vic nodded, "Don't worry about it."

The nurse came back with a wheelchair, helping Maya out of the car.

"Call me when you can Maya," Vic said as the blonde sat down in the chair without a fight which made Vic even more worried, having seen Maya fight a wheelchair many times.

"Thanks Vic," Maya rasped out.

"Alright," the nurse said, bringing her in, "Dr. Deluca is waiting for you."

"Carina?" Maya asked, coughing as the nurse wheeled her through the plastic drapes of the COVID ward.

"No, Andrew," the nurse said, "Why, are you a patient of the other Dr. Deluca?"