22.

Noor's  POV

Breathe in. Breathe out. Yes, you are doing great Noorie. Easy now. Take it easy. It's no big deal. Every wife has this right. To dress up for her husband. Okay? You are not doing something out of the ordinary.

All you have to do is walk out there and  confess your feelings. So that there is no more uncertainty in this relationship. Yes, that's easy.  I can do it.

Just as I try opening the door, all the anxiety rushes back to me and I stop. What if he again accuses me of seducing him? What if he walks out in rage? What if he shouts at me for being desperate? I am hyperventilating at the thought of what ifs.  God, I can't do this.

"Noorie. Jaan, come out already. You have been in there for half an hour now. I can't sleep without you in my arms." He calls out again. Uff, can't this guy take a break? I am dying here and he wants to sleep. Sleep is the last thing I will let you do tonight Zaan.

I open the door slowly, only to see his back faced towards me. I walk with slow steps towards him, almost expecting him to blast at me in anger.

Before I place my hand on his shoulder, he turns around sensing my presence and his eyes widen at what he sees. I am dressed in a blood red revealing saree with a sleeveless blouse. I know he finds me good in red, that day when I wore the red saree for him and went to his study, I had seen his eyes darkening with desire but he is one stubborn man.

He blinks his eyes in disbelief, as if this was the last thing thing he expected

He blinks his eyes in disbelief, as if this was the last thing thing he expected. I bend slightly and hold his hand in mine, guiding him out of the room and towards the huge balcony on our floor where nobody comes. He follows my footsteps without questioning. When we reach the balcony, I move aside for him to see the decorations. It's completely filled with roses, candles lit up at places. There is a table in the middle with dessert for two. A heart shaped glass bowl having rose petals floating in it sits in the middle of the table.

He turn me around, pulling me on him staring into my eyes with so much  intensity. I give back as good as I get.

"I thought you would never dress up for me after the last time I was a dick to you. But you are a package full of surprises, zojah!" His husky voice coming in whispers sends tingles down my spine. He is so irresistible. I want to kiss him senseless right now.

It's as if he understood my thoughts and crashed his lips on mine. The passion and energy so high it could burn the world. He moves his lips on mine fast, his hands raking every inch of my exposed back. He pulls my hips closer, our fronts touching completely. I run my hand through his hair, his slight groan indication enough I am doing it right.

He pulls back sometime later, both of us breathing harshly, "I wanted to do that to you the moment I saw your lips tinted red. You look ethereal jaana. I want to  devour you like a hungry animal." I blush at his remark.

I pull back from him and lead him to the chair at the table. Before I settle down on the other seat, I am pulled in by the force on my waist. I land on his lap with a gasp.

"Zaan!"

" What? If you think I am going to let you sit anywhere other than my lap, you are mistaken." I shake my head. I pull the lid of the container having the chocolate cake.

I serve it into a bowl and don't bother myself with another bowl. I forward the spoon having a bite of the cake. He opens up happily.

" Tastes good. You made it?" I nod.

After we finish eating, I turn towards him completely,

"Zaan! Ever since I was a toddler, I was fascinated with you. I loved everything about you. I didn't even have to make an effort to remember how you dress up, how you eat, how you behave. As I grew up into a typical teenager I developed a crush on you."

His eyes popped out again, " What! I I thought... "

"Shhh. Listen to me first. Yes, it might come as a shock to you but I had a crush on you since I was 14. It slowly then developed into love. Pure love. The two years that you spent in England were so hard for me to cope up with. Taima and me have cried together on several nights missing your presence. It was as if I need you to be whole again. Everything felt incomplete. I wanted to feel your presence around the house again so bad. That's when I realized the true intensity of my feelings for you. Taima didn't know about my feelings until a week before our marriage. The only person who knew was Dadima. She always knew. She even said I had her blessings to pursue you. When you finally came back, you still considered me as nothing more than your cousin which hurt, so bad. I wanted you to see me differently.

Then that day when Bade papa found out about your clubbing, it broke my heart to see you all over some girl. That's why I was crying that day. Taima told me bade papa wants to marry you off to someone and had asked taima to search for a girl. I was afraid, that you will never be mine so I confessed to taima. That I love you and she was happy. Then we got married but your behavior worsened. I tried everything I could but your opinion still wouldn't change . I lost it when I saw you with that girl at the cafe and you know the rest."

He was silently listening to everything, trying to grasp as much as he could. His face was blank, I was afraid if he wouldn't like the truth. I don't know how he would react but I had to get it off my chest.

He suddenly turned towards me, his eyes boring into mine deeply he cupped my face. "I couldn't even imagine in my dream that you could love me, that too from so long. I thought you pitied me, hence you agreed to get married to me. Also, back then I felt you deserved so much more than me, I still do. So I thought if I behaved as if you don't exist for me, you would eventually leave me. But I now realize I was the biggest idiot. I might not deserve you but I don't care about it. You just have to make do with it for this lifetime" and I laugh at that.

"I love you Zaan, I always have. I always will"

"I love you back, just as strongly" and he come forward to kiss me but I put my hand on his mouth. He groans, "Now what jaan. I need to kiss you", he growls lowly.

I bend towards the table, pulling that glass bowl in my hand. I put my hand into the water and pull out the rings from below the roses. I put the ring with 'NOOR'S MAN' inscribed on it in his ring finger. He seems surprised to see it.

"When did you get hold of it? It was a surprise for you."

" I was shocked when I found it hubby, not just surprised. Now are you putting my ring on my finger or shall I ask Riz to put it?" I tease

" Shut up! Only I get to put rings on your finger, get that! And stop calling him that. His name is Rizwaan. So just call him that", this time the growl is loud enough to wet my panties. The next moment my ring is on my finger.

I click a picture of us together with us showing off our rings. He is staring at me in all the poses. I can't stop the blush forming on my cheeks.

He gets up suddenly with me still in his lap. He adjusts me such that my arms are around my neck and his below my knee. He takes quick strides towards our room, "As good as you look in this saree I can't wait to get you out of it."

The moment we are on the bed, he doesn't waste a second to pull away my pallu. I cherish the feel of him inside me all night long.