"And it is that same love that will allow me to continue serving you until my dying d—" The boy stopped as shrill shrieks filled the air. In an instant, the chains that held the Slayer of the Sands in place shattered into pieces. The monster released an ear piercing screech, rising to its full height. It easily towered the surrounding people and began swiping as everyone began to scatter. Hastily, the party reached for their weapons but the shout from a nearby civilian caused them to stop.

"Friends! We have no need to be afraid! Prince Faris will protect us!" The man shouted, a beaming grin danced on his lips. His gaze darted to the boy, who looked absolutely terrified at the rampaging monster before him. His face was pale and beads of sweat formed on his brow. Nevertheless, civilians began to stop and turn towards who they deemed to be their savior.

"...Yes! Yes! We have nothing to fear with the Prince on our side!" Another man exclaimed as he turned to look at their beloved prince. With those words, the panic that engulfed the crowd ebbed away and transformed into hope and excitement. All at once, the Gallopolitans began chanting Prince Faris's name, unaware of the trembling boy's internal dilemma.

"Well, my boy? Your people await—let them see first-hand the fearless desert knight you have become!" The Sultan chimed in with expecting eyes. His father's encouraging words only caused the realization to sink in, judging by the ghastly look on the prince's countenance. Prince Faris stumbled backwards with a vice grip on the sword in his hand. The boy glanced back with a quivering gaze and soft whimper.

"Father...Father, I cannot..." Prince Faris gulped quietly, turning away from the Sultan. The man's face morphed into shock as he stared at his son. Before the Sultan could say anything, a familiar voice thundered over the noisy mob below.

"Repeat after me, now! 'A knight's word'..." The voice trailed off, waiting for the sniffling prince to continue on the phrase. Prince Faris barely glanced up as he finished the knight's pledge with downtrodden eyes.

"A... A knight's word is his bond...His kingdom his master..." Prince Faris spoke before cutting off with a confused hum. He began swiveling his head around, frantically searching for the owner of the voice. It only took a matter of seconds before his gaze landed on the person. Following his gaze, Freya's lips parted in shock and a gasp left her throat.

"Well? Don't stop!" Sylvando shouted from his spot on top of the circus tent. His form stood tall while he scrutinized Prince Faris. His hand gripped the sword at his belt as he waited for the boy to speak.

"He... He serves the weak untiringly...challenges the strong unflinchingly, and..." Slowly, the prince's demeanor changed. Each word that spilled from his lips was dripping with resolve and his once cowering form now stood proud and firm. Fire danced in his eyes as he stared at Sylvando with an unwavering expression. "And never retreats in the face of adversity!"

"That's more like it! Now, my little Princey-poo—do you want to be remembered as a miserable coward, or a hero who died fighting to the end?" Sylvando questioned, the slightest smile curling at the corners of his lips. At his words, the boy gritted his teeth with a fierce look in his glower.

"I..." Prince Faris started, turning to the monster with a slash of his sword. Standing to his full height, Prince Faris's glare gleamed with determination. He shouted his next sentence with a courageous tremor. "I wish to be remembered as a knight of Gallopolis!"