{Chapter Eight}

{Chapter Eight}

"300,000 Likes"

{Chicago PD: S4, Ep7}

[Elena's POV]

Thanks to another early morning, the apartment which had previously been a mess, had been cleaned and organized before the sun even began to rise, toys were organized back into their respective boxes and the pile of laundry that had been building for two weeks was slowly beginning to shrink and both Daniel and Cami were bathed, dressed and fed and I was surprisingly proud that I'd managed to do it all on my own.

It might not have been a massive achievement in the eyes of most people but it was to me because, amongst all the chaos surrounding my life and my family, I had managed to spend a few hours by myself with my daughter and my nephew, something that didn't occur as often as I wished it would, thanks to the random increase in chaos, crime, and murder in Chicago.

"Now even though they were 'on a break' we still don't forgive Ross for hurting Rachel," I told Cami as she stared wide-eyed at the television, "If a man or a woman ever sleeps with someone else after getting into a fight with you, they'll have to answer to me, Jay and the rest of your crime and firefighting family," Cami giggled as she watched Joey, Chandler, Phoebe and Monica struggle with Ross and Rachel splitting up and acting like divorced parents trying to be favored by their children, even if it sent Chandler back to cigarette and randomly dancing, "And never smoke because it's bad for you,"

I glanced down at Daniel as he knocked over the tower he'd spent thirty minutes building, he smiled proudly and knocked down the last few standing blocks before he began rebuilding the tower so he could knock it down all over again. While Phoebe put her foot down and tried to convince Ross and Rachel to stop bickering and putting their friends in the middle, a knock came from the front door, taking me by surprise because of how early it still was.

Placing Cami down on the couch so she wouldn't fall, I got up and was wandered towards the front door, quietly unlocking it before opening it up to find Kelly standing on the other side of the threshold, "Hi?" I said cautiously, a pit in my stomach beginning to form, as normal as it was for Kelly to be awake at this time in the morning, him being on my doorstep, his face filled with a mixture of emotions, wasn't normal, "Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for work or something?" I questioned lightly in hopes of making Kelly smile but it didn't work,

The urgency and worry in Kelly's voice when he spoke threw me into an even deeper pit of worry and anxiety, the tone of his voice was something I hadn't heard since Shay began spiraling following a routine call resulting in a patient committing suicide in front of her and Gabby, "Can I come in Elena? I need to talk to you about something,"