{Chapter Two}

{Chapter Two}

"The Inspired"

{Chicago PD: S4 Bonus, Criminal Minds S9 Ep1}

[Elena's POV]

"We believe that this unknown subject is a white male in his early 30s," Hotch told the patrol officers and detectives that had gathered in front of us, like the last few times we've given profiles here, we were stood around the bottom of the stairs leading up to intelligence except for Reid who was stood beside an evidence board that had been brought down, a map of the killer's comfort zone was the only thing stuck to the board, "Initially he targeted white, blond women in their 20s but is expanding his victim pool,"

"His M.O is to rape his victims and then shoot them in the heart," Rossi said, "At the disposal site, he poses them as if they're praying. He's trying to convey a message that only he understands,"

"Before he kills his victims, he forces the women to consume human flesh. It's called projected cannibalism," Reid said quickly causing several patrol officers to squirm and scrunched their faces up at the mention of cannibalism, "Typically cannibalism is a willing choice, but the act of forcing someone to engage in it is a form of torture,"

"It tells us that the unsub is sadistic and most likely delusional," I continued, "The emergence of those delusions would have caused difficulties in his relationships and jobs in the past. He may have been institutionalized or locked up as a result,"

"He sees himself as an enforcer and is punishing these women for their sins," JJ added, "He may have an overly developed sense of morality and feels the need to superimpose this on others,"

"Our unsub could have shot his victims anywhere, but he chose the heart, suggesting that he's been hurt by somebody close to him who's clearly the center of his rage," Morgan stated,

Reid turned to face the board beside him and pointed to the circles he'd drawn that show the unsub's comfort zone, "This is the comfort zone our unsub is operating in." Reid explained, "We should increase police presence within this area. He's also devolving rapidly and could resort to even more extreme measures to punish his victims,"

{}{}{}

"So how are you?" Morgan asked quietly as he sat down in the seat beside my desk, I glanced up from the crime scene photos of the latest victim and sent Morgan a look that said 'I didn't want to talk about it', "You lost your cousin, who you thought of as more of a brother, then you came back to work a week later, that's not enough time to grieve, so... how are you?"

"I'm... getting through it slowly, it's hard not being able to talk to him almost every day or hearing his voice or even just knowing he's okay," I said gently, "Olive and Daniel staying at my place is helping, Olive doesn't want to stay at Hank's, too many memories of Justin are there, besides and... the baby takes up most of my time so I don't think about Justin and what happened that often,"