ᴄʜαᴘᴛєя 16

"ωєƖƖ ɪ'ຕ ηᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪηɢ ᴛᴏ ʙєɢ

"ωєƖƖ ɪ'ຕ ηᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪηɢ ᴛᴏ ʙєɢ."

She was alive.

He could see her, smell her, hear her heartbeat. Willow was only a few feet away from him but she wasn't safe. Not yet.

"Jasper.." Willow whispered under her breath when Alex released her. Jasper wanted to run to her. To calm her fear, to get her out of here, but there was still one obstacle in his way.

"It's about time you showed up." Alex's smirk grew as he turned his attention to Jasper. "Do you like the location? I picked it just for you." Alex gestured to the building they were in but Jasper didn't take his eye off Alex.

"I'm going to kill you." Jasper spat the words with anger.

"This is going to be fun." Alex laughed.

It happened in a flash. Alex tackled Jasper right back out the door that he came from with a loud crash.

"Jasper!" Willow's scared cream echoed in Jasper's ears.

They both made a hard impact in the ground as Jasper rolled them. Once Jasper had regained his footing he tossed Alex into a destroyed building. Jasper moved fast, grabbing Alex's neck and picking him up out of the rubble. Alex kicked into Jasper's abdomen freeing himself from Jasper's death grip.

The two moved at the speed of light. Every punch that Alex unleashed Jasper avoided. Out of every punch Jasper fired he only caught Alex twice. Only one caused cracks to spread across Alex's cheek. Jasper put some distance between the two for a moment, taking a deep breath to steady his anger.

"You've gotten soft Soldier." Alex walked around Jasper in a circle with his fist up ready for the next attack. "I've expected more of a challenge."

Jasper moved forward in a blitz, his anger well composed. He listened to the cracking of marble as he ripped Alex's left arm off while his teeth tore Alex's ear off. Only a hiss of pain let Jasper know that Alex felt it. As Alex brought his other arm up to grab Jasper's neck, Jasper stabbed the venom filled blade through Alex's wrist and left it there.

"I think this belongs to you." Jasper let go of him and watched as Alex struggled to regain his composure on the ground.

"Do you admire my work?" Alex laughed as he leaned back on his heels. His wrist with the blade embedded was cradled into his chest. "You know me and you are one in the same. Imagine all the things we could do together. The amount of damage we could do."  

"I'll pass." Jasper let Alex get back to his feet.

"That's all right. After I kill you Willow can join me." Alex's smirk made the words cut deep into Jasper's already festering anger.

Alex swung his arm out causing the blade to cut across Jasper's forearm. Jasper ignored the pain and in a swift move kicked Alex's leg out from underneath. Jasper caught Alex by his hair forcing him to look up at Jasper as he stomped down on Alex's leg. Cracking porcelain filled the air  as Alex's right leg shattered off his body.

"FUCK!"Alex screamed in pain as Jasper let go of him.

"Did you honestly expect this to end differently? Did you honestly think that I would let you live?" Jasper pressed his foot into Alex's chest and watched the cracks form all around his body. "You have no fucking clue who you fucked with. I'm the goddamn Soldier. I know no mercy."

"Well I'm not going to beg." Alex leaned up spitting in Jasper's face as he screamed. "Go ahead. Do it. DO IT!"

Jasper's face was expressionless as he leaned down and grabbed Alex's face in his hands. With cracks forming under the pressure of Jasper's hands. Alex grit his teeth and his eyes never left Jaspers.

"This is far from over." Alex spoke the words with surety but Jasper ignored him.

"It's over for you."

In one swift move Jasper ripped Alex's head off with a sickening sound and tossed it a few feet away. Jasper looked at the scene in front of him, at the damage he had caused. There was a sharp stab of pain deep inside his chest. The part of him that never wanted to be the Soldier ever again.

Jasper quickly sprinted back into the jail building to find Willow trying to pick the lock on the jail cell. She lifted her head with tears in her eyes and her hair a tangled mess and dirt covering the majority of her clothes.

"Jasper..." She sobbed when she locked eyes with him.

"Willow." Jasper sounded breathless as he pulled the barred door off the hinges. "It's okay. He's gone." She fell into his arms the moment he stepped into the cell. Jasper held her tight enough to let her know how worried he had been about her.

"I knew you would come." Willow sobbed as her finger nails dug into his neck. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Shh.. Don't apologize. None of this is your fault." Jasper pulled back just enough to look into her eyes. The fear and anxiety still radiated off of her in waves big enough to drown Jasper in the feeling. "You're safe now."

Jasper spoke softly as he started using his ability to calm her, his hands gently pushing her tangled hair back. Her breathing calmed down but only for a moment, before her eyes dropped back down to the metal bracelet cutting into her skin.

"Get it off Jasper. Please.. Please get it off." Willow pleaded her own fingers trying to claw at the band. Jasper could see the deep cuts from where she had been clawing already. Jasper gently pushed her hand away and broke the bracelet off of her.

"I'm going to take you to the hospital okay." Jasper stared at the deep cuts and bruising that were. The more he looked the more he noticed her injuries. The more he struggled to keep his own emotions intact.

"Please don't leave me." Willow was shaking as she wrapped her arms around his neck again clinging to him with all of her might.

"Hey, hey, I'm not leaving you. I promise you Willow." Jasper spoke softly and held her tight. He used his ability to drown her in a feeling of calm to point that she fell asleep in his arms. "Come on, Emmett and Rosalie have a car waiting."

He whispered and pressed his lips to her forehead. He maneuvered to pick her up in his arms without letting up on his ability to keep her asleep. He moved at a quick pace but held her steady into his chest. When he returned to the car he could see Rosalie pacing and Emmett sitting beside the car with his head resting on his knees.

"Thank God." Rosalie rushed to Jasper's side to look at Willow. Almost as if she had to see for herself that she was safe.  "When we heard the fighting stop I got nervous."

"She needs a hospital." Jasper moved past her to put Willow in the back of the car.

"I'll drive." Emmett sat up with the keys in his hand.

"No Emmett." Jasper gently shut the door and turned to his brother, holding his hand out for the keys. "I need you and Rosalie to get rid of the body."

"Is she okay?" Rosalie asked while Jasper climbed into the driver's seat.

"Only time will tell."Jasper muttered.

Rosalie nodded and gave his arm a small squeeze. "We'll meet you at the hospital."