ᴄʜαᴘᴛєя 12

"150 уєαяѕ αɢᴏ уᴏᴜ ωᴏᴜƖɗ ʜαᴠє ᴋɪƖƖєɗ ʜɪຕ ωʜєяє ʜє ѕᴛᴏᴏɗ

"150 уєαяѕ αɢᴏ уᴏᴜ ωᴏᴜƖɗ ʜαᴠє ᴋɪƖƖєɗ ʜɪຕ ωʜєяє ʜє ѕᴛᴏᴏɗ."

The James house smelled of jasmine and sage. Jasper had never stepped foot in this house but every aspect seemed familiar. 150 years ago Iris and Jasper belonged to the same coven. Maria's coven.

It wasn't uncommon for covens to have powerful witches in their ranks. A powerful witch is equivalent to ten newborns and ten newborns were the equivalent to the entire US army.

To say that he was used to Iris's disappointed look was one thing but the anger in her look now was enough to make him second guess stepping in her house.

"What do you mean 'kidnapped'?" Marshall snapped at Rosalie who had explained the situation before Maggie could. "How did this happen?"

"We don't have time to discuss that." Rosalie stepped by Marshall into the living room. Aurora and Iris were setting up candles on the coffee table with a map of the US spread out.

"I expected better from you." Iris stepped herself up to Jasper with her finger in his face. "Edward jumping to half assed solutions is one thing. But you, you should have contacted us first."

"Iris.." Aurora tried to be the calming voice.

"We could have shielded her. Both of them. Yet, you, the Soldier, sent her away when the safest place was with you." Iris pushed Jasper's chest making him take a step backwards.

His composure faltered and suddenly it was as if the two were with Maria again.

Fighting with each other like siblings.

"Judge me all you want Iris but I made a rational decision." Jasper stood to full height and defined himself. "I consider every option. You were three states away. If the fight was going to happen in Forks then she didn't need to be here. Sending her away was initially the best choice at the time."

"150 years ago you would have killed him where he stood." Iris snarked, giving him another shove. "I watched you do it. Why the hesitation now?"

"That's not who I am anymore!" Jasper yelled, taking a step closer to Iris as his frustration grew. She didn't back down, instead she was up in his face with the same energy.

"That's who Willow needs!" Iris shouted with her finger still shoved into her chest. They both stood there for a few moments with looks of fury on their faces.

After a minute Aurora stepped in between them here hands held up pushing them away from each other. Rosalie grabbed Jasper's arm and pulled him back to join her and Emmett. Iris took a deep breath and took a step back, running her hands through her short black hair.

"We should start the location spell." Aurora stated with a small smile on her face.

"Maggie, grab the book." Iris pointed across the room to the stocked bookshelf.