"Yeah well, I'm six months out of practice." 

"Six months, not six years. I'm going home to get dressed, I'll be back in half an hour. Be ready by then." 

"Say please." 

"Be ready," he said sternly before turning around and leaving, showing himself out. 

I rolled my eyes and went into my room, looking for a rich-looking dress. 

His mom is easier to deal with in comparison to his dad. His dad has it all. He's a rich CEO with a mansion that only he resides in with some staff, he brings women as he pleases, and I'm sure his money isn't all legal. But he's powerful and famous, and that's all it takes to be someone you should be careful of. On the other hand, unlike Ms. Blythe, Mr. Graham has no issues with me, never has. He actually told me a few times that I'm his favorite out of all the people he's met through Vince, and I'm his favorite out of his assistants. But I still can't bring myself to feel comfortable around the man. 

I found a decent emerald green slip satin dress that stopped just below my knees. It seemed decent for tonight if I did my hair right and wore matching heels. I lay the dress out on the bed and took out gold heels to match it. I went and brushed my hair, letting it air dry while I put on some makeup, enough for his mother to not comment and say, "Oh Demi, sweetie, you look tired." Because she would say that. She does it every once in a while. 

His father only gives compliments that are mostly fake. 

I put on a fair amount of makeup, leaving my lipgloss out on top of the vanity so I could put it on at the end. I opened the drawer and took out my straightener, plugging it in. I waited for it to heat up and did my hair in loose curls with it before pinning away two pieces. I glanced at the time. 

He should be here any minute. 

I quickly changed into the dress and put the heels on, grabbing a small purse just for my phone and keys. I put on some perfume just as the doorbell rang three times. "Coming!" I turned the lights off and quickly rushed out, flicking the lights off as I opened the door. 

He took a step back, making room for me while putting his phone back into his pocket. "Why didn't you answer the..." He looked at me, holding my gaze. 

I waited for him to finish his sentence but then I realized he wasn't. I lifted my brows. "What?" 

He blinked, his eyes going down, lower and lower before coming back up slowly, meeting mine. "You chose a decent dress. Thank god." 

I rolled my eyes. That's all I get, how nice. 

"Let's go," he said. 

I led the way and he walked behind me. The elevator closed and we started going down, the light flickering once. I glance up at it. We've been getting a lot more power cuts than usual, I really hope we don't get stuck here right now. Because he will kill me and his parents will kill us both. Luckily, we made it to the lobby just fine and then quickly slipped into his car. 

He drove us to his dad's place, driving slower and slower as we got closer. I glanced at the time. They have these dinners precisely at eight-thirty. It's already eight-fifteen, he should hurry but when he didn't I realized he was slowing down intentionally. "Vince."