I don't mind even if I die now...

Ammu saw Arun and Anitha coming to the temple.

Anitha smiled at Lin and told Ammu " Ammu, did grandma told you that our marriage  is fixed for next month, will you be here to attend."

Ammu :(pleasantly smiles) Yes I heard the good news, congrats to both of you. Not sure whether possible or not , will try to come.

Arun : Why not sure , won't your husband gives you leave..

Ammu : "" "" (awkwardly smiles)

Lin does not understand what they were talking about....

Arun : (to Lin) Brother in law  can't you grant  her leave for our marriage, I wish she could see us getting married...

Lin : If she wants to, there is no issue.

Arun : hmm, okay then we will meet in the evening, we are having a small celebration as all our cousins are here today. Your and Ammu's presence was unexpected anyway nice to have you all around, we are having our engagement celebration today do come, I have already informed Fuzhi.

Lin nodded and Ammu smiled.....

Anitha : Ammu wear your niqaab in the evening, some of my friends are coming for the party, they may get scared of you (laughing)

Ammu : (casually) hmm...

Chinnu : Oh Anitha sister if they can tolerate this face of yours  then why not Ammu sister's....

Anitha : Oh chinnu...I didn't notice that  Ammu's tail is also here... Sorry madam.... What did you say about my face, anyway I look better than you...

Chinnu :(stick out  her tongue playfully and says)come sister move way for the Mis World....(they walks to the house)

Lin : (to Chinnu) What are  you doing....

Chinnu : (pointing to Anitha) she is teasing sister for her scar....

Lin looks at Ammu frowning  and she smiles casually..

Lin :(to Chinnu) Your sister is okay with it, why are you shouting at her...

Chinnu : (To Ammu) Sister, give a punch to photo brother, Iam getting irritated....

Ammu : shh.. Chinnu(husky voice), he didn't understand what you both said and doesn't likes too much shouting also, that's why he said so.

They walks to the house and Lin goes to the outhouse....

While  having breakfast

Grandma :(serves her dosa) How was the fireworks Ammu kutty....

Ammu choked and looked at grandma with wide eyes....

Grandpa : (offering water to Ammu) Indira, why are you asking unnecessary questions....

Gradma gives her water and patts on her head.Grandma sees a bruise on her right arm..

Grandma : what is this red mark....

The bruise was  caused when Lin dragged her to the bike at temple, her glass bangle broke and got into the hand . "It may be from the branches grandma"

Grandma : ( with resentment and angry tone) Ammu upon God please use the front door and go wherever you want,nobody is going to stop you. Dont do such  mischief stuff and get hurt, we can't bear you getting hurt anymore ...

Ammu : Anymore?

Grandpa chokes and says ".. Indira stop your nonsense, let her have food.."

After breakfast while she was washing her hand Shanthy comes and calls Ammu...

Shanthy : Ammu kutty (Ammu stunned and looks at grandma in surprise)..
"Ammu forgive me chid, I have been rude to you all these years because I was too possessive of Kitchu.... My child Iam sorry that I  ignored you , I should be the one who should have taken care of you but I was worried whether I will loose my son.. So.. So.. I couldn't accept you.. Will you forgive me Ammu(kisses her forehead and cheeks and hugs her)

Ammu stood there in shock and asked... "why are you saying all this now aunty, what happened?

Shanthy : Nothing Ammu(wiping her tears)... Its nothing... Did you had your breakfast (Ammu nodded).. Let me check where is Kitchu, he hasn't had breakfast till now.This boy... (Shanthy calls out for Kitchu and leaves)

Ammu : (astonished) Chinnu... Just pinch me.. Am I dreaming... Grandma, I don't mind even  if I die now, so peaceful is my mind..

Grandpa :(angrily calls out) Ammu... (both Ammu and chinnu flinched from grandpa's yell)

Grandma : (sorrowful tone) Why child.. Why are you speaking about death..see how young is you... (she sits on the chair with her heads resting on her palms)

Ammu looks at grandma confused and thought why her grandparents  mistook her casual statement so seriously, she wanted to console gradma but she couldn't face the unusual cold look of grandpa and comes out of the dining room and saw Lin who was watching all this.

Lin : What's going on, why too much shouting and crying....

Ammu : Even Iam confused...

Lin :Are you all like this, too much emotional dramas...

Ammu : hello... We  ordinary humans  have emotions and we openly expresses it, not like some Chinese CEOs who is always cold and mute..

Lin : (Pinching Ammu's ear) What did you say....

Ammu : aah... Lin I didn't say it is you, that means you yourself has the same opinion... Isn't it?

Ammu : Lin have you ever walked barefoot in the mud.... Come let me see remove your footwear...Remove... (Lin removes his footwear) how do you feel... Isn't it nice..... This is what ordinary people like we do..

Lin :  yaah.... Very nice, now you should help me  clean my legs....

Ammu : (smiling) alright come I will give you the world's best pedicure service.. Come....

She takes him to the house pond by holding his arms and asks him to put the leg into water and they sits in the steps. "See these small fishes will clean up your leg, they are the best pedicurist available in the world "

Ammu :(patting her chest) My good God, I can't believe shanthy aunty.. She is good to me....(Lin frowns)

Lin : What are you mumbling in your stupid language....

Ammu : Stupid language... Then what about your language.....actually are you guyz speaking or just making some sounds....

Lin : then what, do you expect us to use words as of  crackers like in your language, if we don't keep a safer distance our eardrum will break with your words... Do you all have some special equipment fixed in your tongue to use so much tongue twisting words...

Ammu burst out into laughter... "Crackers...."