Part 2

Vic was up first the next morning, her head pounding and her face extremely congested. She got up, going into the kitchen to get something to drink. She went to make some tea, remembering as she waited for the water to boil that she wasn't going to be able to taste it. She opted to just add honey to hot water in hopes of helping her sore throat a little.

She curled up on the couch, turning the TV on quietly. However, after twenty minutes, the TV was making her head hurt so she turned it off, just closing her eyes. She must have fallen asleep because the next thing she remembered was hearing a door open. She looked up, seeing Andy coming into the room.

"Hey," Vic said, rubbing her eyes, "How are you feeling?"

"Achy," Andy said, sitting down on the couch, "And my stomach is pretty upset right now. How are you feeling?"

"Congested," Vic said, "And my head is pounding."

"This sucks," Andy said, curling up with her knees to her chest, "Is Maya still sleeping?"

"I haven't seen her yet this morning," Vic said, "I'll go check on her in a minute."

"I'll do it," Andy said, "I need to use the bathroom anyway."

Andy used the bathroom before knocking lightly on Maya's door.

"Come in," Maya called, coughing after.

"Hey," Andy said, going in, "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Not great," Maya said, running her hand over her face, "It's fine. How are you?"

"Also not great," Andy said, shaking her head, "Hey, Vic said you have a pulse ox in here."

"In the bathroom," Maya nodded, "I meant to find it yesterday, but I forgot."

"I'll go grab it," Andy said, "Do you know where it is?"

"Second shelf," Maya said, groaning as she moved, every muscle in her body feeling like she had just run a marathon.

"Alright," Andy said, pulling out the device, "Let's see how your lungs are doing."

Maya slipped the device on her finger, glad it read 100.

"I'm fine," Maya said, pulling the blankets up as the chills hit, "I'm probably going to go back to sleep. I feel like garbage."

"You need to drink something," Andy said, "And take your temp."

"You're bossy," Maya mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"I'll be right back," Andy said, shaking her head.

"How's Maya?" Vic asked as she laid back down on the couch after getting herself some ice for her head.

"Wait" Andy said, "Take your temperature first."

"Yes Mom," Vic groaned, grabbing the thermometer, "101.8. That explains the headache."

"Did you take anything?" Andy asked, handing her the pulse ox device, Vic slipping it on her finger.

"Not yet," Vic said, "It's 99 by the way."

"Good," Andy said, handing her some Tylenol, "Now take this."

Andy then went into Maya's room with the thermometer.

"Alright," Andy said, shaking Maya a little, "Time for fluids, meds, and temp check."

"Go away," Maya said, pulling the blankets over her face.

"Not until you drink this," Andy said, "Carina will actually murder Vic and I if we don't take care of you."