Prolouge

I watch as once again Carl disappears from my view. Springing like a cobra, I quickly jump onto the zip line and fly through the heavily wooded foliage, trying to beat him to wherever he is going.

I jump down from the zip line and neatly duck and roll to hide behind a large leafy bush. My camoflouge clothes and face paint help to conceal me in the bush.

I hear a distinct breaking sound of a twig that was much to light to be Carl.
Using the tip of my bow I carry, I carefully peel back the branches of the bush the noise came from to reveal a squirrel, which sends it running.

Now thanks to the squirrel Carl knows my exact whereabouts. I pick a good climbing tree and quickly start shimmying up the branches. My fingerless leather gloves make it easier than it would have been had I not had them because they protect my skin from the rough bark.

My eyes narrow as I see an arm through the trees. Taking a deep breath, I carefully switch branches to sit in the neighboring tree. I start to move towards him, being as quiet as humanly possible, something I've mastered the past couple of months.

I feel like a drop bear, looking down at an unaware Carl. He looks through the scope of his gun carefully for me to where I was just a few seconds ago. I break off a small tree branch and throw it towards where he is looking, making him whip around to the wrong direction again. I grin to myself. He's so cute.

With the element of surprise on my side I neatly dis-lodge myself from the tree and land a few feet behind him on the ground. I pull a now out of my sheath of arrows and ready my bow and arrow. It's not my normal weapon of choice but I've been trying to get used to it lately because it can get much more distance that a knife can.

"Drop your weapon." I order him with as much confidence in my voice as I can manage.

He turns around slowly, a devilish smirk on his face. I know that look. He slowly lowers his gun to the ground and holds his hands up while I shift my weight to the balls of my feet completely so that it's easier for me to attack. I don't trust him that he's going down without a fight. And then I see it, he leans forward a bit, the smallest preparation for an attack.

Faster than I can blink he has somersaulted towards me and knocked me down with him straddling me, my bow and arrows still tightly in my grasp. He pries them out of my hands and I make a grunting sound. Attractive, right?

Using as much strength from my stomach as I can, I flip us over so I'm on top, accidentally knocking his helmet off in the process. It's no secret that I won't win in the strength department so I jump to my feet and retreat to the tree.

He stands up off the ground and I charge towards him to kick his stomach. He grabs my arm and swings me around instead, sending me towards the tree. I run a step up the tree thanks to the momentum he gave me and backflip off of it, a smirk on my face as I pull out two sleek curved blade knives with black handles in both hands from my belt.

"Shit." He whines, dragging out the t in it. I grin like the monster that I am.

"Sacred of knives, Grimes?" I taunt him, returning that same devilish smirk that he gave me earlier.

He flips me off before turning and running faster than cheetah into the woods.

"Coward!" I call after him, laughing just a little at his retreating figure.

I sprint through the woods after him, dodging his attempts at letting bushes hit me in the face and somersaulting underneath a tree branch that he dodged at the last second to stall me.

I roll my eyes at him as he does a flip with one hand over a large rock. Show off.

The rock is to tall for me so I have to take the time going around it, which puts me behind a second or two.

I decide to cut through the woods and hopefully meet up with him on my way around. I take a wide half-circle through the woods, my breath louder than any of the forest animals or the sounds of my footsteps. I've given up on being quiet at this point. What's the point anyways, he already knows I'm here and attacking.

I grin as I see Carl a little ways away, completely oblivious to the fact that I'm no longer behind him. Somehow I managed to out run him. I sit behind a large rock for a second to give myself a breather until he gets here.

In a few seconds he runs right up to me, his breathing heavy and uncontrolled like my own. He bends down and places his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. I smile to myself, biting my lip just a tiny bit. He's so adorable!

A battle cry escapes my lips as I launch through the air, landing on his back and taking him down to the ground with me.

Our bodies roll over a couple of times until I stop on top of him. He struggles to flip us over but fails due to my adrenaline rush strength. It's all or nothing now.

I hold my knife to his neck, our eyes meeting and a smirk taking place on my lips. With the other knife, I stab his stomach, a good amount of his blood spilling out onto my hands and all over his stomach.

"Gotcha." I whisper, a satisfied and sickly sweet smile spreading across my face as the red liquid pools around us.

-