Chapter 19: Walking with Ei

Start from the beginning

The village was just abandoned like that. What a creepy...

We continue our walk. Then we arrived in a place that was just normal for me.

 Then we arrived in a place that was just normal for me

"Why do we stop here?" I asked. "Huh? You say you want to explore this land, right?" Ei answered.

"Yes, but what I meant is...why we stop in this normal place?" I asked. "Ooh, a normal place you say? How dare you." Ei said. "Ooh, the Archon's mad," I said. "This place..." Ei said. "Huh? But you know, right?" I said.

"Umm...this place it's just a little broken cause...war," Ei replied. "Really?" I asked. "Mhm...I remember this place ever being used for a war between me and Thunderbird." (This is just fanfiction, you can believe it or not it's up to you).

"You and who? Thu...Thunderbird?" I said curiously. "Yes. I have a war with Thunderbird. She hates me and I hate her. So we decided to have a war with each other." Ei said. "Wait, wait, wait! I have a question. Who is Thunderbird?" I asked.

"If I tell you about her, it could be until tomorrow to continue," Ei said. "Gee, just answer me you don't want to, right?" I said. "I'd like to but...the explore," Ei said. "Ah, you're right!" I said. "Ok, I'm going to know Thunderbird later then."

Thunderbird...strange. I need to know more but where?

I and Ei have our walk again while we share the stories. Ei is so sociable. I can see if she knows the person longer, she will be loyal and be nice. She even says to herself that she loves desserts. Dango is her favorite one. Well, maybe I can make her other desserts for her. Moon Pie, Tea Break Pancake, Mint Jelly, and others! Nyam!

Her weakest point is dessert so if someone gave her dessert, she will be melt.

"Hmm...you can cook, huh?" Ei asked. "I can! You want me to cook something?" I asked. "Umm...if that's not bothering you, can you do it for me?" Ei said. "Sure! I'm gonna make it something special, just for you!" I said.

Our walk made our sociable more friendly! Maybe because Ei acting silly or something but for me, she's like Venti and Zhongli. My suspicion is lower and lower.

Later,

We have arrived in front of the land that for me it's alone there. I don't know what to say, but that land is like standing there alone and can be said safer than others that I saw.

"Hmm..." I see some cats. Weird, why cats in here? In such a creepy place?

"I love cats but...why they are in here in such a haunted place?" I asked. "You see that land, that is their habitat," Ei said. "Huh? That land? Over there? Their habitat?" I asked. "Uh-huh. Let's go!" Ei said.

I'm still weird with this but like it or not for the explore too I'm better to go investigate it.

Ooh, gee! The sky's pretty clear here! Before it's just dark purple, but now I can feel a good atmosphere and fresh air!

The place seems nice. Better than the others I saw before with Ei. I see some cats and I think this is of course their living.

"Aww! A lot of cats here must be cute! And the history, of course, do you know?" I asked Ei. "I know this one," Ei said. "Tell me then!" I said.

"I'm gonna tell you from Neko first," Ei said. "Neko? Who is that?" I asked.

"Neko is a cat that has lived for at least 500 years, during the Cataclysm and the time of Asase Hibiki and Ako Domeki. She and the other cats presumably lived at Asase Shrine and enjoyed spending time with Hibiki as she created delicious meals for all to share. Unbeknownst to Neko, Hibiki drastically changed after seeing an old friend and killed him. She later helped Domeki fight off a Shogunate fleet despite the pirate's insistence that she stay out of his affairs, breaking the wards and unleashing a Thunder Manifestation, causing a huge thunderstorm that resulted in Hibiki disappearing." Ei told.

"The island would remain in mostly perpetual thunderstorms and Neko waited at the shrine, hoping for Hibiki's return and took the position of Provisional Head Priestess at the shrine, hoping to keep the place intact, but she and the remaining cats were unable to maintain the shrine and it fell into disrepair. Domeki and his fleet eventually returned to the island, but it had fallen into ruins due to the Thunder Manifestation and they left to set sail for other lands. Neko appeared to be unaware of his return."

Ei stops there. Sentence by sentence spoken, and I know the history of this...Asase Shrine.

"Neko still waiting until now, and I can show her to you," Ei said. "Ooh, good then! I can't wait to meet her!" I said.

"Huh? Did someone just call me?" strange's voice asked.

Is that Neko?

To be continued....