{Ep 4}

Is it safe to call you now?
10:34 AM

Sasuke gets in the car, running a hand through his raven locks. Stifling a yawn, he makes a mental note to remind Kakashi not to schedule him with early morning photoshoots.

Yes.
10:36 AM

He answers on the first ring.

Sasuke-kun! Guess what!

He feels the drowsiness blown away by her excitement. "What is it?"

I got an internship at Konoha Med!

His eyes widened in astonishment. "Congratulations."

Even though he means it, Sakura doesn't miss the chance to make fun of his overly enthusiastic regard.

That was so lively, really. My heart was moved.

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes.

She laughs heartily, which he thinks was lovely.

Grumpy as ever, but thank you. My efforts paid off! She lets out a breath. It's hard to believe I was personally handpicked by Tsunade-sama herself.

"Wish granted, huh?" He relaxes on the car seat, idly staring at the tall buildings they pass by.

In the past few weeks, Sakura has been studying hard for her exams which led to their nightly calls a little less than usual as she wanted to pass them all with flying colors. Topping the exams will grant her a recommendation letter for apprenticeship in the city's most renowned hospital. A dream she has been telling him since they met.

And now that the wait is over, he is proud to learn that she is a step closer to her goal.

Definitely! I'm giving myself a day off tomorrow. She declares. Oh, and pay a visit to the music store.

He jolts at her last statement. Speaking of the music store...

"Hey, Sakura."

Hm?

"What's your post office address?" He asks as nonchalantly as he could.

Post office? Why?

"Just tell me." He insists, hoping she doesn't get more curious than she already is.

Uhm, okay... He is relieved. ...you're not going to blow up my house are you?

He scoffs. "No."

She snickers at the hint of his annoyance. Okay, I'll send it to you. Wait a sec.

~O~

Three days after she gives him her post office address, she receives a message that a package waits for her and that she is to retrieve it personally. Knowing it is from Sasuke, she doesn't hesitate to dress up and set out to the city proper.

Along the way, she couldn't help but wonder what he had sent her.

Once there, she is surprised at the box, the size of two shoeboxes, being handed to her. She quickly looks at the address, hoping to learn more about her friend but pouts when she sees he has hired a third party agency. What a sneak.

However, it doesn't reduce the excitement she feels. It's a present from him after all.

Reaching her apartment, she makes a quick dash to her bedroom and settles the package on her bed.

Her heart thumps as she slowly cuts the sides open, the flaps are released and with a gentle nudge, she reveals the contents.

"No fucking way..." She gasps in sheer disbelief. Her body and mind stills as her gaze focuses on the familiar packaging she has been gushing only days ago.