7

Héctor and I finally found Miguel with Ernesto De La Cruz in the main room. Ernesto De La Cruz was about to give Miguel his blessing when Héctor spoke up.

"We had a deal, chamaco." Héctor said with his hands on his hips. Miguel turn around to look at us. "Who are you? What is the meaning of this?" Ernesto De La Cruz asked.

Héctor steps forward so the light will shine on him. "Frida! I thought you couldn't make it." Ernesto De La Cruz said standing up. Héctor roll his eyes and took off his disguise as we walk up to them. "You said you'd take back my photo." Héctor remind him.

"You promised, Miguel." I told Miguel. Ernesto De La Cruz place his on Miguel's shoulder. "The girl from the living world? You know theses two?"

"(Name) my best friend. Him... I just met him tonight. He told me he knew you." Miguel told him. As he got closer Ernesto De La Cruz recognized Héctor?" I took Héctor's photo out and hold it in front of him. "Please, Miguel. You need to put up his photo when we get home!" Miguel reach for the photo but Ernesto De La Cruz took it from me.

"My friend, you're being forgotten." He said looking at the photo then at Héctor. "And whose fault is that?" Héctor asked him. "Héctor, please....."

"Those were my songs you took. My songs that made you famous." Héctor said looking up at the big screen playing one of Ernesto De La Cruz's movies. "What?" Migeul and I said together. "If I being forgotten, it's becuase you never told anyone that I wrote them!" Héctor said angrily at Ernesto making him back up.

"That's crazy! De La Cruz wrote all his own songs." Miguel said. "You want to tell him or should I?" Héctor asked Ernesto. "Héctor, I never meant to take credit we made a great team, but you died and I only sang your songs because I wanted to keep a part of you alive." Ernesto told him.

Héctor threw his arms up in the air. "How generous!" He said back away and rubbing his face. "You really did play together." Miguel said as we both look up at Ernesto. "I don't want to fight about it. I just want you to make it right." Héctor said before walking back to us.

"Miguel can put my photo up, and I can cross over the bridge. I can see my girl. Ernesto, remember the night I left?" Héctor asked. "That was a long time ago." Ernesto told him. "We drank together and you told me you would move Heaven and Earth for your amigo. Well, I'm asking you to now." Héctor pleated.

"Heaven and Earth? Like in the movie?" I asked Héctor. "What?" He said looking at me. "That's Don Hidalgo's toast. In the De La Cruz movie, El Camino a Casa," I told him.

"I'm talking about my real life, (Name)." He told me. "No, she's right! It's in there. Look!" Miguel said pointing at one of the screens. Héctor takes a few steps towards the screen watching the scene play,

"Never were truer words spoken. This calls for a toast. To our friendship! I would move Heaven and Earth for you, mi amigo." Don Hidalgo said.

Miguel and I walk towards him. "But in the movie, Don Hidalgo poisons the drink." I told him. "Salud!" They drink and Ernesto spits out his drink. "Poison!" Then he fight Don. "That night, Ernesto. The night I left...

Flashback
An alive Héctor looks at his notebook. Down at the most popular song. Remember Me. "We'd been performing on the road die months, I got homesick and I packed up my songs."

He close his notebook and drops in a suitcase, closing it. An alive Ernesto De La Cruz sits on a bed. Watching as Héctor picks up the suitcase. "You want to give up now when we're this close to reaching out dream." Ernesto asked standing up, following Héctor.

"This was your dream. You'll manage." Héctor told him. Ernesto grabs the suitcase. "I can't do this without your songs, Héctor!" Héctor pull his suitcase away from him. "I'm going home, Ernesto. Hate me if you want, but my mind is made up." Héctor then heads to the door.

Ernesto looks angrily, then thinks for a moment, and compose himself. "I could never hate you" Héctor opens the door but stops and looks at Ernesto. "If you must go, then I'm sending you off with a toast." Ernesto walks over to a table to make them a drink. Héctor look to the door. But steps away from the door

"To our friendship." Emesto said walking towards him with two glasses "I would move Heaven and Earth for you, mi amigo." Hictor sets his stuff down and takes the glass. "Salud!" They hit their glasses together. Héctor smiles at his friend before taking a drink

Ernesto look at Héctor not taking his eyes off him as he takes a drick The two then walk towards the train You walked me to the train station. But I felt a pain in my stomach."Héctor stops walking and holds his stomach. "I thought it must have been something I ate."

"Perhaps it was that chorizo, my friend." Ernesto told him taking his guitar case. Then Héctor drop his suitcase causing it to open when it hit the ground. He takes a few steps forward before falling to the ground. "Or something I drank. I woke up dead."

"You poisoned me." Héctor said finishing the story. "You're confusing movies with reality, Héctor." Ernesto told him. "All this time, I thought it was just bad luck. I never thought that you might have... That you..." Héctor then turns around and attacks Ernesto.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" Héctor asked him as Ernesto struggles to get free. "HECTOR!" Miguel and I say. "SECURITY! SECURITY!" Ernesto shouted. Three security guards then ran in. "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME! YOU RAT!" Two security guards grab Héctor and pull him off Ernesto.

The 3rd security guard then grab me. "(Name)!" Miguel said reach for me but the security guard drag me away from him. And three of them dragged us to the doors. "Hve them taken care of. Their not well." Ernesto told them. "I JUST WANTED TO GO BACK HOME! NO! NO!"

The security guards drag us outside to a giant hole. Before throwing us down into the water below. I swam to the surface and to the small island, coughing up water. One by one Héctor's bones roll up beside me and he reassembled himself.

"(Name)! Cariño, are you ok?!" He asked kneeling down, patting my

back. "Y-yeah. Thanks Héctor." I give one last cough before sitting on my

legs to look around the cavern.

"There's gotta be a way out of here." I said looking ahead at the pile of rocks to see a some what path. "There!" I got to my feet and was about to run towards it. But for some reason my legs gave out right as I took a step and I fell to the ground. "(Name)!"

Héctor dives over to me and helps me sit up. "You need to take it easy. You just got throw down a cavern and almost drown." He told me. While he does have a point. I feel that's not why my body is so weak. I could feel it.... It's almost sun rise. And I was disappearing.