It was then when she noticed his serious expression, as he spoke, his cold voice cutting through her skin.

"It was a mistake."

Her blood froze, eyes widening, "...What?"

"It was a mistake. A terrible one. You should just..forget about it." Jungwon continued, his voice surprisingly stoic, nonchalant almost, "Forget about everything that happened yesterday."

"A mistake..?"
Something inside her broke. It was just like last time.
The day after she lost her first kiss. To no one other than him.

She was already avoiding looking at him, as her gaze was directed to the ground, while she tried her hardest to not cry again. But Lord, it was getting difficult.

"That's what I said last time." His gentle voice startled the girl, as he now stood in front of her.
Jungwon's quiet voice, ringed through her ears, while she couldn't believe her ears, "Last time when I kissed you."

"Wait..." It was then when it hit her, her eyes lighting up, "So you didn't-"

"Eunji, I'm sorry." He sounded agitated, "For not keeping my promise. For overstepping the boundaries I promised to respect. I know, I told you I would keep my feelings to myself and not ruin everything...to fully concentrate on taking care of you, but...I couldn't. I really couldn't."

"Jungwon, it's-"

The boy shook his head, "No, no it's not okay. I broke my promise. I couldn't hold myself back, Eunji. I'm sorry. That's why I avoided you yesterday and-"

"And...left me alone for the whole day?" The girl finished the sentence for him.

"And left you alone for the whole day." He repeated, sighing again, "Eunji, I don't want to wait anymore. I can't wait anymore. Yesterday...when I wasn't with you..I realised how much I wanted to be with you. How much I needed you to be by my side."

After a short moment, Jungwon continued, "I don't care, if you don't remember the things we did in the past or how our relationship used to be. I don't give a shit about the past anymore. I just want to be with you." He took her hand in his, "With or without the past."

Eunji gulped, her throat drying out. Does that mean she didn't need to tell him the truth anymore?
"What..do you mean by that?"

"I love you."

She now was at loss of words.

"I love you." Jungwon repeated, "Only you."

"Are you...serious?" The girl gulped again, feeling the butterflies in her stomach going crazy.

"What makes you think I'm not?" He chuckled lowly, tilting his head, "Yes, I am. I've never been more serious."

"Jungwon." The girl took a deep breath, finally gathering enough courage to stare back into the boy's eyes, "I-I won't give you an answer to your confession now, but tomorrow. I will tell you tomorrow."

"Why?" His gaze dropped slightly, "Why not now?"

Smiling widely, Eunji looked down shyly, "I can't find the right words right now...I want to answer you properly."

Her whole face was burning up and she felt so small under his intense gaze, that it was already getting out of hand.
Even though she has always been aware of his feelings, she couldn't help but be surprised the moment he voiced them out loud.

There was a short moment of silence.
"Alright then...So I guess, tomorrow is our day one?" He smirked, intertwining his hand with hers.

"I didn't even say anything yet!"

She was right. She hasn't said yes yet, but somehow the two of them knew that the feeling was mutual.
Eunji returned his feelings. Both her and Jungwon were sure of that.

"Whatever you say..." And before she knew it, he already pulled her into his arms, his gaze softening. He looked down, slightly biting his lower lip while trying his best not to smile, "You scared the shit out of me when you said you didn't remember."

"No, It's just..." Eunji confessed embarrassed, as she hid her face in the crook of his neck, making him chuckle again, "I thought I was just dreaming everything."

"So that's what you usually dream about..." Jungwon got interrupted by her playful hit after he teased her.
Rubbing his shoulder, he continued with the smirk still on his face, "I thought I was the only one going crazy because of yesterday."

"Don't worry...You weren't alone."

_________________________

"I almost forgot how your face looked like." Aera's sudden voice startled Eunji, as she turned around to the girl, "You are back. I thought you were going to stay at home forever."

Eunji nodded silently, deciding to not give the other any more attention than needed.
But then again she knew she couldn't be skipping school any longer if she wanted to at least pass this year, which is why she forced herself to still go to school today.
A mistake, as it appeared.

"You good? Forgot how to speak?" Aera didn't give up, taking the pen Eunji was holding into her own hand, before doodling little faces on the other girl's paper, "I didn't expect you to act so calmly. Especially now that Sangmi's going to be back."

Sangmi.
"What?" Eunji spoke up for the first time, surprise in her voice.

"You didn't know? Sangmi will return soon. She moved away a long time ago." Aera smirked, finally grabbing Eunji's attention, "But now she's back."

"That's...nice." Eunji smiled sadly. She had missed Sangmi and already started to worry about her, "I'm glad."

"No way.." Aera frowned slightly, gasping in disbelief, "You are not jealous? Not even a bit?"

"Why would I be?" She tilted her head in confusion, a weird feeling creeping up her throat. Taking back her pencil from Aera, she continued solving the tasks.

"It's Sangmi we are talking about right now." Aera talked in the same tone people spoke with kids and it was pissing Eunji off, "Jungwon's ex."

There was a scowl on Eunji's face.
"Ex? No, no you got this wrong." She shook her head, "He did like her for some time, but-"

"They dated."

Eunji's eyes widened, as she dropped her pencil, "When?"

"While you were gone."

The girl stayed quiet, still processing Aera's words.

"Yeah, for like a really long time too. I'm surprised you didn't know about this." The girl smirked, "I guess, the trust between you and Jungwon doesn't seem to be as good as I thought."

"You are lying." Eunji shook her head again.

"No, I'm not. I swear! I remember them being in a long distance relationship after Sangmi had moved away." Aera yawned, shrugging, "She broke it off a few months later. Something must have happened."

She stayed quiet, while Aera laughed amused at the other girl's reaction.

"Eunji, I'm saying this as your friend, okay?" Aera tried to suppress her grin, clearing her throat. Friend? Eunji scoffed.

"Jungwon dated Sangmi. If you want it or not, it's true. They were a thing! The whole time while you were gone."

Eunji stayed quiet. She didn't know how to react or feel about it. They were dating? While Eunji was in coma?
There was no way. There was no way Jungwon would have done that to her.
Was Aera actually telling the truth?
Or was it one of her false rumours again?

The other continued with a sinister gaze.
"Now that she's back don't you think, she could be a threat to you? And Jungwon? You know this yourself, Eunji.
Your relationship is at stake."

:¨·.·¨:
'·. please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading this chapter<3 °*゚