Chapter 23: Deal with a demon

We were able to sneak in safely—the moment the guards went out to roam the whole island. Nasa loob na kami ng munting bahay pero isang tao lang ang nandito ngayon.

"Kuya!" Honey rushed over to her brother's arm, weeping. Tears flowing from both of her eyes, continuously.

Her brother embraced her back...slowly but only for a short time. He broke off from the embrace and held his sister's hand while he faced us with a worried look.

"Hindi dapat kayo nagpunta sa lugar na ito." he shook his head.

"What are you saying? Where is my cousin?" I shot him a confused look. "Nasaan si Artemis?"

His grip on Honey's hand tightened. Horror flashed through his eyes.

"Hindi niyo na dapat pa kami hinananap. Umalis na kayo habang wala pa siya." He dragged his sister toward us and pushed her slowly to Claude who caught her in his own arms, willingly.

"But we came here to rescue both of you..." Claude muffled in between his breath.

"You shouldn't have done that!" Hansel was stopping his self from shouting. He seemed agitated. Why?

Why is he acting like that? Bakit parang tila kakaiba yata ang mga kinikilos niya?

"Go away and never come back. Mapapahamak kayo sa oras na makita niya kayo dito." He was trembling as he said those words to us.

Para bang binabantaan niya kami sa posible na hindi magandang mangyari dahil sa pagpunta namin sa lugar na ito.

"Pero kuya-

Honey was cut off and so was us...

"Kuya!" She wanted to rush to her brother's side but Claude was stopping her from doing so. The same way that Stanley held my arms...to restrain me.

It was because of Hansel. Hansel dropped down to the floor fast... not because he suddenly went unconscious but because someone hit him with a pipe on his head.

There's no blood but it wouldn't make him faint if it's just a simple hit. Right?

It was them. The guards are back!

"Aya!" Artemis suddenly showed up out of nowhere.

"Artemis?" I muttered her name.

She just nodded and took my arms. "Sundan niyo ko." she stated and dragged me off somewhere.

They automatically followed us around. Artemis brought us inside the cave. The cave was like a house full of rooms and decors. We entered one of the so called rooms and hid there.

"Artemis? Ikaw na ba talaga yan?" I hugged her with all my might and felt her hug me back in return.

"I'm sorry it took me that long. I heard someone sneaked in but I couldn't find them. Hindi ko inakalang kayo yon." Artemis stated.

"We'll be safe here for a while." She continued.

"How can you be sure of that?" Stanley was looking at her intently.

"Only a few people know this place. Hindi nila tayo mahahanap agad dito." She answered back.

"But my brother? How about my brother!" Honey shouted.

"Be quiet or else they might hear us!" She sighed. "He'll be fine. I can assure you that they won't harm him that bad. They can't do that."

"Why do you sound so sure about everything?" Claude leered over.