A monstorous name

He landed at the train station with a nearly silent pop, shaking off the nausea from Apparition with the ease of someone who had to move around a lot. He glanced at the clock and nodded. Not even ten o'clock yet. The students wouldn't be arriving for at least thirty minutes. He checked that he had everything and went in search for a compartment.

**************

This compartment smelled like...

His head spun with an indescribable jolt of emotion and familiarity. Like a moment long lost, just there at the edge of his memory. Words sticking in his mind as the scent became sharper. Joy. Love. Home. Cub. He hadn't felt that way in a long time. Not since.... Has it truly been that long? How does he remember the scent, and so vividly?

He shook his head and went inside, sitting in the corner next to the window. It was only a memory, but it warmed him despite the cool morning air.

***************

His eyes shot open, his body freezing. Voices were coming towards him. With them came the smell of homememorycub that had made him come to this compartment. He closed his eyes, feigning sleep. Perhaps they would walk by. Perhaps they would come in. He didn't know which he was hoping for more. The door slid open. The voices hushed almost instantly. Then, one soft voice, "Ooey?"

Silence fell over the entire compartment, save for the horrified snickers coming from one of the children and the voice's heartbeat and breath coming faster in embarrassment. He opened his eyes.

The boy's face was beet red, one of his hands covering his face while the other batted at the redhead who had snickered.

"Shut up, Ron! It's not funny!"

"Sorry, sorry. But, honestly mate, you see a man sleeping and call him Ooey? That definitely deserves a little bit of a reaction!"

"Ugh, I haven't called him that since I was a baby! And it's even more embarrassing because Padfoot writes to him like once a week! Now I see him and the first thing I say is... is... that!"

The redhead, probably a Weasley, Ron stifled another laugh and Harry turned to the blond boy next to him and leaned his head into the taller boy's chest. "Dracooooo, make him stop laughing at meeeee."

Remus cleared his throat at this and Harry whipped his head up, blushing an even more furious red, if it was possible. Remus hid a smile. "Did you want to sit down? I can find a different compartment if you'd like..."

"No!" Harry interrupted. "No, that's ok. Could we, maybe, sit with you? Padfoot told me a lot about you, but he also said you were nervous to meet with me or something, so if you don't want us to that's fine..."

"Harry. Breathe. It's fine. Just relax." The blond boy, Draco, seemed to have a calming affect on Harry. Remus wondered how long they'd been dating. He shook his head mentally. The red haired girl that looked similar to Ron grinned at him as if she knew what he was thinking.

"Of course I don't mind. Come on in, you guys. I can enlarge the compartment a bit so we all fit a little more comfortably." He flicked his wand and the compartment grew enough to fit all eight of them comfortably with a little room to spare.

The bushy haired girl sat next to him immediately. "What was that spell? Can you teach it to me?"

The red haired girl laughed. "It's polite to introduce yourself before demanding to learn a spell, Ravenclaw. I'm Ginny, by the way. Ginny Weasley. You must be Remus Lupin. Sirius has told us a lot about you."

Remus grinned mischievously, and he could tell by the resigned look on Harry's face that he had the same glint in his eye that Sirius got when he was planning a prank. "I am indeed Remus Lupin. Harry used to call me 'Ooey', as you can see. You guys can call me Remus or Moony for now, but at Hogwarts I'll be Professor Lupin."