Seeking a name

Quidditch season finally rolled around, and Draco dragged Harry down to the pitch to try out, chattering the entire way.

"Father says he'll buy the entire team new brooms if I make it onto the team! I hope we're both on it! You would make a really good Seeker, and I've been practicing my Chaser skills."

Harry finally managed to get a word in edgewise. "Draco, tell your father not to send new brooms unless we win the first match, or to get them for the entire school. If we get new brooms now and you're on the team, everyone's going to think you bought your way onto the team, no matter how many people say the brooms came after you got on."

Draco froze for a moment, then hurried on. "You're right, as usual. I'll get him to buy for the whole school. Then no one has too much of an advantage. Except for Slytherin, of course, because we're simply better." Harry laughed, and Draco continued prattling.

When everyone reached the pitch, Marcus Flint separated the fifteen new hopefuls into the group of what they were going to try out for. Harry went with the two others who were trying out for Seeker. Flint had the entire group fly ten laps around the pitch. Five people couldn't even do that, and Flint sent them back to the Common Room. All three Seeker hopefuls stayed.

"Alright! Now that we're down to the more elite, I need one Chaser, two Beaters, and since Higgs can't keep his grades up, a Seeker. If you're better than the other Chaser or the Keeper, then you might get on the team, but I doubt it. So if you're here for Keeper know you probably won't get a spot. Now, get your sorry asses out there! Chasers first!"

Draco and the other three Chasers flew out onto the pitch, where Flint had them pass the ball between them in increasingly more difficult situations. If they dropped the ball three times, they were out. One Chaser was eliminated in the first test. Next, Flint called the Keeper, Miles Bletchley, out and told the three Chasers to try and get through his defenses. Only Draco and one other managed it even once. For the final test, Flint had the last two tryers play a mock game. Each new person with a main member, with the Keeper guarding the goal. They had twenty minutes and each team had to get as many points as possible. The winning team got the spot. Twenty minutes later and Draco was the newest Chaser. Harry cheered for his best friend and sat back to watch the Beater tryouts.

They were similar, except tailored for Beaters. Two girls named Lilian Bearbuck and Florence Clearwater became the new Beaters. The Seeker tryouts were last, and Flint only had one task for them. Catch the Snitch. He would release it ten times, and the person who caught the Snitch the most times became the new Seeker. Harry caught the tiny ball eight of the ten times, with the other two being caught by the other two hopefuls. When they landed after the last catch, Draco practically tackled Harry with a hug.

"WE BOTH MADE THE TEAM! WE BOTH MADE THE TEAM!" Draco was practically jumping up and down in his excitement. Harry suspected the only reason he wasn't actually jumping all over was because he was in public and he still had at least a little bit of an image to maintain.

On the way back to their Common Room, Harry and Draco came across several Ravenclaw girls in a group, all of them laughing. Harry and Draco exchanged a glance and hurried over. This couldn't be good. They were proved correct when they drew nearer and heard one of the Ravenclaws.

"Come, now, Looney, surely there's some creature that will pick your stuff up for you. You don't need to get it yourself."

"No, no, Looney. You don't get to pick up your stuff. One of your 'creatures' will pick them up. One of them knocked them down after all."

"Oh no, I think I have a Horcuresta in my brain! It's making me stick you to the wall!"

Harry finally heard Luna's voice. "There's no such thing as a Horcuresta. You're thinking of Nargles. They're horrible pranksters."

Harry finally broke in. "It does make a great last name though. What do you think, Draco? Harry Horcuresta?"

"I think it's brilliant, Harry. What do you ladies think?" Draco turned blazing eyes on the group of what looked like fourth years.

"Ugh. Come on girls. The ditzy little girl isn't worth our time," the seeming leader said. "Looney, one last thing. You don't belong in Ravenclaw. You don't even belong in Hufflepuff. You should just go home with your crazy dad and your imaginary creatures." With that, the gaggle of girls sauntered away. Harry sent a Finite at the wall and helped Luna down while Draco picked up her books and things.

"What are Nargles, Luna?" Harry asked curiously.

"They look somewhat like pixies, but they're much smaller and more vicious, and usually invisible. They usually hid in mistletoe and are horrible pranksters and thieves." Harry and Draco shared a glance.

"Did they steal anything from you?" Draco asked.

"They stole my shoes, and a few of my clothes. I've started wearing these butterbeer caps to keep them away. Perhaps Daddy was wrong about them not liking the caps."

The small group began walking, and since it was a weekend and no one had classes, Draco discretely twisted the stone on his ring to signal for everyone to come to the classroom. When they reached the classroom, everyone was there.

"Hey guys, you remember Luna, right?" Harry asked.

"Oh, yeah, Ginny brought her by! How are you Luna?" Ron asked.

"Hello, Ron. I am doing well enough. How is Ginny? I haven't seen her much recently. She comes to class but seems distracted and leaves immediately after class ends."

"Ginny, distracted? That doesn't sound much like her. I hope she's ok."

"We'll keep an eye on her when we can, but you're the one in her House, Ron. Now. About why we really came here. Luna here, has being bullied been. Er, has been being bullied." Draco laughed at Harry's twisted words. Harry shot a glare at the blond.

"Anyway," Draco continued, still stifling laughter, "we thought it would be a good idea to give her a ring that she can use if she's in a situation she can't get out of."

"For now, she can borrow my ring, since Draco and I are never far apart anyway, and Aunt Cissa can make another ring as she has time."

"Oh! Do you think Lady Malfoy would teach me how to Charm the rings? I've been wondering since we got them!" Hermione said.

"I'm sure Mother would be pleased to teach you over Yule. We should probably make a few extras anyway if we're going to add new students every year."

"I don't think we're going to add anyone else to Les Amis after this year. Seven is a strong number, so if Ginny joins as well, then it's the perfect number," Neville spoke. "But it might be a good idea to know how to do the charm if we ever do something similar but on a smaller level, like if we have to make a secret club to hide from the teachers or something."

"Why would we ever need to do that?" Hermione asked, scandalized. Harry just looked at her. "Ok you're right. So by the end of the year we add Ginny? What do you think Luna?"

"I think it's quite kind of you to offer me a place in your group, and I think Ginny will be pleased to get an offer as well, as long as she is not still as distracted as she is. The Dabberblimps tell me you should wait until the end of the year." The others nodded, and as they began heading to their respective dormitories, Harry stopped by Luna to give her the ring.

"Use this if you ever need to tell us something. Twist the gem, then twist it back after a moment. We will meet in this classroom. You can use it anytime, within reason. If something important happens in the middle of the night, or during classes, remember it however you wish, then use the ring the next time people are free. Meals and weekends are usually fine, and we shared schedules this year so we could know when else in an emergency."

"Thank you, Harry Potter. For someone with so many wrackspurts in your brain, you are quite observant."

Harry had no idea what that meant and decided to ignore it because he had homework to do. "Have a good rest of your day, Luna. I have to finish my homework."

"Goodbye, Harry."