Chapter Eight: In Which A Betrayal Occurs

Diana's point of view

I was home an hour late, and I smelled terrible. Jenoh, as usual, barley looked up as I arrived. Then he looked down at the 2005 laptop he was working on and said,

"You usually come home sooner. Is something wrong or is there something I should know about?"

I debated what to tell him for five seconds before I siad,

"No, dear. Nothing out of the ordinary."

"So you spent the hour..."

"Taking a walk in central park"

"Okay..."

"I ran a bit too. I'm really out of shape."

"Maybe we could run together sometimes? I haven't really run in years, but I'm eager to try if you want me to."

I had actually been screwing a guy from work and I didn't really want to tell Jenoh that. I also didn't want to run, but I didn't know how to decline without sounding weird.

"Sure. Meet me at work at 8:15 tomorrow?"

"Sounds like a plan. I'll bring my wallet, we can get pizza or sandwiches afterwards"

Shit. I told Mike I'd be available that day. 

"I gotta pee"

"Okay"

I texted Mike and told him something had come up. He responded almost immediately but I didn't even read his text.

Jenoh's point of view

She'd been cheating on me. That much was obvious. It seemed I'd delayed a "session" at least a little, with the added benefit of perhaps meeting the man who had done the deed. Or the woman. Diana said she was Bisexual. I made a mental note to discuss threesomes. The question was how I should react. On one hand, it was obvious she was terrified I knew she'd cheated on me. On the other hand, if this relationship became open, she'd realize what she was missing and I wanted her for myself. I hadn't understood loneliness until I'd met her. I sighed inwardly and did what I always did in these situations. I flipped a coin.