Halloween

Steve Rogers didn't have a big candy stash. He didn't see the need for one, but apparently everyone else did. Tony spilled a large pillowcase of candy onto the living room floor of the tower, Bruce pulled out a bag, Thor took out three trash bags, and Natasha pushed her stash out in front of her. 

"Where's Clint?" Steve asked, looking around for their teammate. 

"He had to go back to his apartment to feed Lucky and Rogue," Natasha replied as she began sorting her candy into different piles by type. 

"Who?" Tony asked as Natasha sighed, as if she couldn't imagine how they were so clueless.

"His golden retriever, Lucky," she stated. "He's dropping by my place to pick up my cat, Rogue. We've had pets for a few years, but Lucky's saved Clint's life a few times and he's very protective. Thor, I'll give you a Tootsie Roll for your M&M's." Thor didn't even bargain as he tossed Natasha the small packet and she threw the candy to him. 

Unbeknownst to the rest of the Avengers, a small grappling hook grasped on to a section of Bruce's candy pile before disappearing into the vents. Silently, Clint stored the candy in an empty candy pile that he was collecting. He saw Natasha's lips curve into a small smile as she knew he was there. 

"Bruce, I'll give you an Almond Joy for Skittles," Tony offered, knowing Almond Joy's were Bruce's favorite candy, which no one had any idea why. Bruce accepted as Natasha tricked Steve out of a king-sized Twix. 

Clint stole around five pieces of candy each time he lowered the grappling hook, and did it around seven times. Tony's pile increased be steadily decreased whenever Clint thought he was getting too annoying. Which was a lot. After Steve's pile was basically gone and Bruce's was very small and Tony's was around the same size, Natasha excused herself. 

"Hey," Thor said realizing something was missing. "Where did that bag of Poptart gum go?" Clint heard that and squeezed his way back to his room with the pillowcase of candy. He met Natasha, who was dragging along her stash in a paper bag. 

"Hey," she whispered and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. She placed her own bag into the pillowcase as they slipped quietly out of the room and down the silver halls of Stark Towers. They could hear the others going crazy about the lost food and begin turning on one another. 

Then Tony said, "Look, the vents are open!" Natasha cursed softly as she and Clint sprinted down the stairs and out the doors. Clint shoved past Happy and Pepper as they ended up in the bustling city streets. 

"C'mon, apartment's a few blocks away," Clint said, taking her hand and leading through the crowded sidewalk. A few streets away, the gloomy sky turned into a full-on downpour. Natasha giggled, surprisingly, as her hair got soaked and began shivering. 

They both sprinted towards the apartment building and managed to make it to the elevator just before it left. Natasha slipped her jacket off in the elevator as it came to their floor. She was freezing. Clint tossed the pillowcase on their couch as the small but cozy apartment welcomed them. 

It was pretty open, with a small kitchen and a dining room in one part of it. A couch, armchair, and TV were placed by the counter along with a dog bed and a cat bed. Down the hall was a bathroom and two bedrooms, even though they only used one to sleep in. Natasha flopped down on the couch, covering her face with a plaid blanket. Clint saw her, chuckled, and stored the candy under a loose floorboard. She heard his footsteps come closer as she saw a burst of light and then her boyfriend's face. 

"You good, Nat?" he asked playfully as she lifted her face up. She giggled, brushing a lock of damp red hair behind her ear. Natasha nodded as he kissed her tenderly. Their foreheads brushed for a moment as Clint smiled at her. 

A bark sounded across the apartment as a large golden retriever jumped up and landed on the couch in front of Natasha. Clint laughed as he stroked Lucky and Natasha sat up, wrapping herself in the blanket. A soft purr filled the room as a black and white kitten, who was too small to call a cat, leapt up into Natasha's lap. 

"Hey Rogue," Natasha whispered as Clint sat down next to her. Lucky curled up next to Clint as Natasha draped the blanket over Clint who snuggled up next to her, head resting on her shoulder. Natasha smiled down at him and ran her fingers through his hair.

They sat there for a little bit before Clint put on The Nightmare Before Christmas. "Clint, this is a Christmas movie," Natasha protested. Clint shook his head as Natasha hit him playfully.

"No it's not," Clint replied as she hunched down and positioned herself so that she could rest her head on his chest. Rogue moved over and sat comfortably next to Lucky who was currently sitting next to Clint. "Die Hard is a Christmas movie," he countered.

"Yes, it is," she replied. Clint laughed at her reply and she pulled out a packet of heart candies from her pocket before handing one with the words "I love you" on it. She handed it to Clint as she ate one herself. 

"Aw, love you too, Nat," he said teasingly as he kissed the top of her head. "I mean that. Truly," he murmured seriously. Natasha smiled gently as she looked up at him. 

"I love you too, Clint. I truly mean that as well."

A/N: Not proud of this one. I really don't like it, but I wanted a Halloween special, but this kinda fell short. Sorry I haven't updated a lot, but I've been caught up with a lot of other stuff. Thank you for all your support on ALL of my books, just not this one. If you guys want to comment your costume, I'd love to hear it. 

Mine is Wanda Maximoff, Civil War Version. 

Happy Early Halloween (If you celebrate it)!

-EmeraldMoon