[book 2] chapter forty-two: the bachelor(ette) party

Start from the beginning

"You look bored," I heard her say to him.

"Maybe I am," he replied.

I eyed her hand as her fingers trailed up his leg. "Maybe there's something I can do about that."

"You can fix up your makeup, Ally," Vanessa said as she joined them. "Your eyeliner is smudged."

Have I mentioned how much I loved my future sister-in-law?

The Ally character left and Vanessa came up to me. "Stop frowning. Hot girls don't frown."

I rolled my eyes when she handed me a bottle of beer. "I don't want this."

She leaned in, her breath a mixture of vanilla and alcohol. "If I had to spend all night with my ex I would want this. Drink up, Dani."

~*~

I was feeling a bit tipsy by the time we reached the club. The hotel was near so the driver dropped off our stuff as we went inside. Although this was supposed to be a bachelor and bachelorette party, the lovesick couple couldn't keep their hands — or mouths — off of each other. I couldn't help but smile as I watched them together. They were so in love.

We were seated in a semi-circle booth as we ordered more drinks. Holden sat beside me and placed four shot glasses on the table. "Chugging contest, Parker."

I was about to decline, but my attention shifted to the other side of the booth. A drunk James and Leila were a bit too close for comfort as she leaned right into him. He was whispering something in her ear and she giggled, her head tilting towards me and our eyes locking. Her smirk broadened when she saw my expression, and that bitch did the unthinkable: while staring into my eyes she sat on top of him, facing me, and slowly moved her hips in a circle.

"What are you... oh." Holden followed my gaze and also took notice of Leila giving my ex-boyfriend a lap dance right in front of me.

I picked up a shot glass and chugged its contents before doing the same with the remaining three.

"Two of those were for... Never mind," Holden said when he saw my death glare.

"Leila," James said slowly, snapping my attention back to them. I was about to march right over and yank her by her ponytail, but I stopped when James continued. "I'm not in the mood."

She slowly stopped and turned to look at him. "Are you kidding me?"

He didn't look at her, but thankfully she got off of him and grabbed the nearest guy walking by, leading him to the dance floor. At least she moved on quickly.

"I'm going to get more shots for myself," Holden said. I shook my head and grabbed his arm.

"Me too. These must be water because it's not kicking in."

He rolled his eyes and sat back down. "I'll give you five minutes. If it doesn't take effect I'll get more."

Holden and I were trying to converse over the loud music, and I tried hard to not look at James who was ordering drink after drink. Brenton soon joined us, completely sober and not happy about it.

"I hate being the planner," he huffed, throwing his clipboard on the table.

A server came with a round of drinks for the table, so I handed one to Brenton. "Drink up, you deserve it."

"Don't mind if I have one too!" Priya, one of Vanessa's bridesmaids said as she sat beside Brenton and grabbed a drink. She was probably the least annoying bridesmaid and the only one I could tolerate. "Bet I can outdrink you," she said to Brenton.