Chapter 1.

THE RING

The forest is beautiful at night, I never really go in but I guess I'm in the mood tonight.

How much you wanna bet my brother is out trying to catch a night fury right now, he really does want to be like everyone else, I wouldn't doubt if he gained a bit more confidence he would be a great leader.

I feel bad that he's treated so different, but that is a thing we can relate to. Heh, Stoick the Vast, having two misfits for children.

I love it.

I continue to walk in the forest, avoiding eyes of the dragons in here, taking a big breath, I relax my body and sit down against a tree, playing with the grass, it's actually very entertaining.

Suddenly I hear a hiss on my left side, I slowly turn and see...

"Oh, for God's sake..." I sigh, coming face to face with a Zippleback

or wait, would that be 'faces to face'?I'll figure it out later, right now I gotta run!

I get up onto my feet and start to sprint in the opposite direction, the Zippleback lights their gas and I only just dodge it, they chase after me as I dodge the trees, rocks, and of course the dragon itself.

I turn my head in the Zippleback's direction, to see how far behind it is... It's literally an inch away from me.

"Gah!" I shout as I loose my footing, I go to catch myself but I feel nothing, which means I'm still falling, suddenly I feel colder and wet, I'm only barely able to look around just to see I'm traveling down a river.

I gasp for air, trying to stay above the water, the Zippleback didn't follow me down here so that's one problem solved, one more to go.

My hand brushes what feels like a rock, so I quickly grip onto it, the current tries to fight against me but I manage to climb to the top, wiping my face and jumping off of the rock onto land.

"I think this is why I don't go into the damn forest, gods." I mutter, taking deep breathes to calm down then sitting on a log, I look down and see something shiny, I pick up whatever it was from the sand.

Oh, a ring, cool. Might as well try it on.

Slipping it on my left index I admire the beautiful green shine coming from the eye-like gem, the metal is a bit rusty but that's fine.

I get up and start walking in the direction of the village, when I hear a roar, but it seemed different, like it was in distress, out of the corner of my eye, the ring starts heavily reflecting the moon

Wait, no, it's glowing brightly on it's own!

Green light starts seeping out of the eye gem and swirling around my body, lifting me up at least two meters off the ground.

"What in Thor's name is going on?!" I shout, wrapping my limbs around a tree to stop floating any higher.

Pain, pain and fear was all I'm feeling right now, it's like my bones are being ripped out of me, broken then replaced, and it felt like they were growing at an incredible rate.

The pain... is becoming too... much, I feel...so...dizzy...

I feel my eyes begin to close, I don't bother to fight it, and that's the last thing I remember from that night...