Chapter 24.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"Y/n!" Harry whisper yelled at the girl, who was chatting with Blaise and Theodore.

"Yes?" She asked, while excusing herself from the two Slytherin boys.

"We convinced Lockhart to let us go to the bathroom, so come on!" He said, while he and Ron pulled her away.

Blaise and Theodore frowned at that, sad that they once again were interrupted in their alone time with Y/n.

As Ron, Harry and Y/n were sneaking down the hallway, they were suddenly caught by someone.

"What are you guys doing outside of your designated groups?!" McGonagall scolded them, while the three of them froze up.

"W-well.." Harry began as Ron looked anywhere, but at his head of the house.

"We wanted to visit Hermione!" Y/n suddenly answered making the boys look surprised at her.

'Hermione? Since when?" Harry wondered, but kept his mouth shut.

'Huh? Why?' Ron thought to himself, not sure why they would look for the girl.

"Well if that's so, I will lead you guys to the hospital wing, but the next time don't just sneak away from your group. It's dangerous!" The temporary headmistress warned, while the three trailed behind her.

When they arrived at the hospital wing, they went to Hermione's bed and Harry pretended to cry.

"Wish you were here Hermione. We need you now, more than ever." He sobbed out, while Ron and Y/n just judged him for his terrible performance.

"What’s that?" Ron asked, while pointing at something in Hermione's clenched hand.

"Ron, Y/n, this is why Hermione was in the library the day she was attacked." Harry said, while taking out the paper, which had a page number and book title on it. "Come on!"

~Time skip~

As the trio made their way through the dark hallways at night once again, they stopped at the library. It was currently dinner time, so no one was there to see them.

Harry took the said book and began reading from it. "‘Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent’s eye. Spiders flee before it.’"

"Ron, this is it. The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a basilisk. That’s why I can hear it speak. It’s a snake!" Harry told Ron excitedly, before hearing someone clear their throat.

"You're wrong Y/n!" Y/n mimicked Harry's statements from the previous night in a shrill voice.

"Sorry.." Harry muttered out sheepishly.

"But if it kills by looking people in the eye, why is it no one’s dead?" Ron asked them, trying to make the awkward air go away.