"I was just thinking maybe—"

"Will, I'm gay," Kaia finally said it outright, a little laugh in her voice.

She watched as Will's expression slowly changed from one that was surprised to confused, to absolutely and completely lost. "Oh, oh! Wow, I— I had no idea. That's cool. That's really cool. Congrats! I mean— Not congrats. Like, that's— I mean, obviously, I wasn't suggesting anyth..."

He trailed off, his cheeks cherry red. Kaia laughed softly, placing her hand comfortingly on his shoulder.

"Barely anyone knows. Just my family and some close friends," she explained. "I'd really appreciate it if it stayed between us. But, the offer for the drinks this weekend still stands if you're up for it."

Will's smile returned, still a little embarrassed. "Yeah, yeah. 'Course," he laughed, rubbing his stubble awkwardly. "I— yeah, I'll tell Jack and Gemma and Jules and Sam."

"And John," Kaia added and Will smiled and nodded.

"And John. We should make a group chat with the rest of the cast. Makes things easier," he suggested and Kaia nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, totally. I'll do it tonight actually," she said and stepped inside her trailer, her hand already reaching up to remove the wig.

"Christ, I always forget you're bloody bald," Will said and Kaia burst out laughing, flipping him off with a grin which he returned before closing the door so she could get changed.

In her ripped jeans and band tee beneath a dark blue flannel, (wearing an Eagles 1977 Hotel California shirt she had stolen from her dad's closet) she grabbed her backpack and walked out to the parking lot to find her car. Back in London, she preferred driving a black Mini Cooper which was the car she had bought herself after saving up from all the jobs she had taken during school. Delilah was her baby.

Tossing her things in the back, she finally pulled out her phone to respond to all her messages which she hadn't checked in quite some time.

There were a few messages from her parents, most of which were meaningless.

The Mothership💞: Bonjour, ma puce. Je me sens mieux ce matin. Al Hamdulillah. Bonne chance aujourd'hui. Je t'aime de tout mon coeur ♥️
[Good morning, sweetheart. I feel much better this morning, thank God. Good luck today. I love you with all my heart]

The Mothership💞: Sweetheart, what was the recipe for that chicken thing you made last month? It was great, your dad's asking

It was chicken Alfredo take-out she had gotten from the Italian restaurant on her block.

The Mothership💞: [Picture]

The Mothership💞: That doesn't look right

The Mothership💞: [picture]