18 ~

🌼The Night Of Meeting🌼

~~~~~~~~

Omar's Narration

Well, I was not alone who was standing at the threshold of my own bedroom as there were many faces, and some were even completely unknown to my eyes, all set to plunder the handy wealth from my wallet.

"What will you do with your money? Money has no business where you're seeking to go right now," said Maher's friends and extended their hands to collect my liberation amount.

I obeyed them readily as I was in no mood to waste the precious moments allotted to me by my fate.

After they were done and gone passing sarcastic remarks rightfully over me I saw her after all . She was like a calm ocean designed and decorated to fit into my thirst.

I seemed calmer than her but the moon of that night, I guessed, wouldn't fail to rejuvenate the tides of my sea.

She heard me shutting the door slowly and I couldn't surmise it gave her goosebump jolt or not.

It had been years since I talked to her my heart full and even met her properly. Time didn't give me those chances but this time I was blessed by its bounty over us.

I greeted her, "Assalamualaiqum"

She replied without raising her eyes.

I took a deep breath and started measuring the changes in her from the time I saw her last.

There was no difference in her face except for it was beautiful even more. She looked fairer and delicate than before. Her eyes had the same bubbly feature but on that very night it was like a clear sky with stars sparkling everywhere.

I could read the nervousness donned by her body, a soft barrier to our meeting.

I again looked into her face and pinched myself as I really couldn't believe my patience. How patiently I had waited for her.

All the moments that we shared together years ago were dancing before my eyes. They had other heights of delights and this one had other heights.

To me, her heart was sun and her face was moon in the arms of stars. For her, I was the sky where the sun, the moon and stars had to dwell.

I was her sky.

A hazy whoop from her side brought me back to reality as I spent a quite length of time in my poetic thoughts.

She smiled meekly as I drifted towards her and began in a casual manner, "How do you like this event?"

It took her some courage to look up at me, I don't know why, may be the simplicity in my words blew a calm breeze over the clouds of her nervousness.

"It was exactly how I dreamt," she choked with her eyes moist.

It gave me sea of happiness to find her happy. I rested my hands on her shoulders and pulled her a little closer.

She came easily with her body but I had no idea of my spiritual proximity with her.

My eyes started tracing the celestial features of her face until my glance slipped on the design her neck. I picked her necklace glancing at it but looking at her neck I said, "I've never seen anything as beautiful as this one."