Chapter 2

Adapting to new surroundings

Third person pov

Miyako had been living with her dear Uncle Shota for the past two weeks, and he had been hesitant about letting her go out by herself since he was afraid she'll get taken away again like she was eight years ago, but was assured that his niece could protect herself with heavy hand-to-hand combat without using her powers that she had mentioned to him.

Miyako had been writing in a journal during those past two weeks that had words popping up on a page with different elements that formed into words. He noticed a flash of sadness in her eyes whenever the words popped up, but it disappeared as quickly as it came, so he wondered if he had imagined it.

Miyako was sitting on the couch writing to her dragon friends and thought back to when she and her four best friends were happily hanging out together. They were talking up storms about who knows what, laughing at jokes they threw at each other and just having fun whenever they could.

She got up, let go of her gifts her friends had given her and they disappeared, grabbed her magic pen that was on the small coffee table and wrote in the air, "Is it okay if I go walk around? My legs need to stretch."

Shota, not wanting to be rude, just nodded his head, "Be back before 6:30. That's the normal time I leave for my underground hero duties."

His niece nodded her head, kissed his cheek and ran off to change her clothes after being in her pajamas all day.

Shota smiled to himself as he watched his niece run off and shook his head and wondered how she had been coping these last eight years since her disappearance along with his two other nieces. He wondered who took them when they were jogging with Gang Orca and why.

Miyako appeared a few minutes later and looked at him with her head tilted before he shooed her outside.

She started jogging with Shukaku in his mini form as soon as he popped up and she thought back to her last video call with her children and mate

She started jogging with Shukaku in his mini form as soon as he popped up and she thought back to her last video call with her children and mate. She wondered how Haku was doing since the forced separation happened.

Her eyes dimmed as she thought about her kids and first mate, making Shukaku look up in worry. He had worried about her when the dam inside her suddenly broke down and she was sobbing with hurt, anger, and worry; not for herself, but for her children and Haku.

The dedication and adoration she has for Haku was selfless love she has for him and her other two mates. The amount of love she shares with each of them was the same as the other. She didn't choose favorites between the three of them because she thought it wouldn't be fair to her other mates.

Shukaku could only run alongside his Cub as they jogged to what appeared to be a beach. But one look around and they both could only look on in disgust as the beach and waters had garbage everywhere.