You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 51

Start from the beginning

"The journey there will be quite long, about an entire hour. Tell me if you need a break, Eunyul."

"Yes oppa, don't worry, I'm quite resilient."

We didn't talk much while on our way to the village. I texted back with Choeun who was on full stand-by today at Million Stars. The cafe was starting to get busy again and it seemed like everyone had started to forget the controversy that had been there. The weather was also not as cold as usual at the end of January, it had not even snowed for the last three days. Does that mean Spring is coming soon? I also know why the awkwardness between me and Hyunbin oppa is created. I still remember how Dongsun told me about how drunk I was with Hyunbin oppa at that time. I'm guessing I must be saying things out of my mind when my brain isn't being used properly. So we better not discuss what happened that day. Indeed, since that day, I have never been alone with Hyunbin oppa, unless we passed each other on campus. But the problem is, our name was accidentally chosen as the committee for this big event. I feel toyed with by fate. But so far Hyunbin oppa has worked very professionally, and I'm glad he didn't make the awkwardness worse. We arrived at his village around half past eleven in the morning, and chatted with the village head before wandering around in the cool country atmosphere. We had also approached the inn and considered whether we would pitch a tent instead of using the inn. We sat under the shade of a large tree to discuss what activities the students in this village could do with the village head. By the time we had planned the three days and two nights (and we decided we'd just use the tent, I'm sure the students would love it) it was five in the afternoon.

"Wow, I don't think it's late. But I'm glad we've had enough preparation. We just need to form a student team. Do you have any idea who we could choose?"

Hyunbin oppa and I walked out from under the shade of a tree to his car which was parked some distance away.

"How many people do we need?" I asked and suddenly familiar faces appeared in my mind.

"I think three people is enough. They will be able to choose one more person each to accompany them."

"Oh, it's raining!"

"Hurry up, Eunyul!"

Hyunbin oppa pulled my hand and I ran to follow him to the cottage not far from the plantation area. The rain suddenly fell very hard and the water was cold. But I always love the smell of rain. I reached out my hand to feel the cold water in my palm while looking up at the sky. The sky is still clear even though it is currently raining.

"You still like the rain, don't you?"

"Yeah, I've always liked the rain. The atmosphere, the sound, the smell... Ah, oppa still remember that I like rain?"

"Sure," he replied calmly, "I never forget anything you like, Eunyul. I still remember all the little things about you."

I looked at him and his expression was calm, and he also smiled faintly.

"Did you know? I'm really sorry I let you go. I'm sorry I didn't come after you that time. If I chased after you... maybe we'd be married by now."

I chuckled.

"Come on, oppa, there's nothing to regret about the past. After all, I'm with Dongsun now, and he's a nice guy."

"Yeah, I know he's a good guy. But..."

"But why oppa?"

"Will you promise me something?"

Suddenly, he stood by me and grabbed my shoulder to face him. I'm so confused because he looks so serious right now. This situation also makes me nervous.

우린 너무 달라

We're too different
잘 알고 있잖아

You know that well
서로의 진심을 알 수없잖아

We aren't able to embrace each other's realities
이해하지 않아

I don't understand
기억지 않아

I don't remember
늘 말뿐인 말들 기대하지 않아

Words that will always just be words, I don't expect them

난 너를 사랑해

I love you
난 너를 사랑해

I love you
난 너를 사랑해

I love you
난 너를 사랑해

I love you
난 너를 사랑해

I love you
난 너를 사랑해

I love you
따스한 그대의 손길로

To your warm touch

()

"I'm sorry for everything that happened. I know I've apologized before, but this time I want to sincerely apologize. I'm so glad to see you again, and I want us to go back to how we used to be," he explained slowly, "but my presence scares you. And after all, after seeing and getting to know Dongsun, I think he's a good guy. I apologize once again for trying to take you away from Dongsun. I can rest easy now that you have such a good partner. I hope we can be friends... without feeling awkward anymore."

"Ah oppa, I thought you wanna say about something else. I've forgiven oppa since a long time ago, so don't worry about it. And yes, let's be good friends."

"By the way, promise me. If Dongsun is mean to you, I'll kick him because he hurt... my little sister."

I laughed and my heart felt light.

"I will report to oppa. But before oppa can freely think of me as oppa's younger sister, I think we need to make it official."

"Make it official? How?"

"The rain has stopped. And I'm hungry. So please treat me."

Hyunbin oppa laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Come on, let's eat a lot."

I laughed and walked quickly to his car. Thankfully, if things could end well like this...

***