22. Wounded

holy shit this has 1k reads? wtf? my stupid 3 months of work get one thousand reads? are you fucking kidding me?

thanks to the 2/4 people who consistently read my horrible writing /g

-

You stumble towards the casino, hands clutched at your right side. Red ran down your pants, down your shirt, down your hands. You clumsily pushed open one of the glass doors, leaving a bloody handprint dripping down the smooth surface.

"Excuse me." You called in a soft voice towards the bartender, eyes half shut. "Have you seen Quack or Slime?" They squinted at you. The bar was about shoulder level, so they couldn't see you bleeding everywhere, leaving a tiny uneven crimson trail behind you wherever you went. They assumed you were drunk, so they handed you a glass of water and pointed towards the back of the casino.

"Thank you." You whispered, trying not to collapse on the spot. You dragged yourself towards where you could see the man in the beanie throw the cards in his hand down, shouting something about a "flush". You grab onto a chair, trying not to fall. 

"Quackity!" You call with difficulty. "Alex." You sit on the floor, exhausted. He flips the man across him the bird, not noticing Slime tapping on his shoulder fast. "What!" He finally snaps, whipping his head around to look at Charlie, who points to you.

He gapes, looking at your bleeding figure, before running to you, putting an arm around your shoulder. 

"What the shit happened to you!" It's disbelief in his voice, you think, giggling like a maniac.

"I got in a fight. I'm sorry I bled over your floors, hehe." You cackled, delirious.

"THE FUCK YOU MEAN 'hehe' YOU'RE LITERALLY GONNA DIE!" He tried dragging you towards the backroom of the casino, but you don't budge. 

"I am." You chuckle. "Hey Char Char, check this out." You hold up both hands, coated in rouge.

"Ooh! Quackity, what is this red?" He didn't reply, tipping a bottle of healing potion down your throat, lifting your chin with his index finger. The cut slowly started to seal itself, the blood on the floors fading ever so slowly.

"XD, you're going to be the death of me." He leans on the table next to you. "Charlie, it's blood. The liquid inside humans. If you lose enough, you bite the dust." Charlie smiles.

"Come here." You gingerly turn towards Quackity, peppering kisses all over his face.

He sighs, half in contentment, half in relief.

-

early update because i have to write a paper for class right now

-pigeon