Aadhira nods looking at Unnati who was trying to blink back the tears forming in her eyes "Unni what happened.. are you okay?". Unnati just nods "It's nothing Aadhu.. probably something went into my eyes.. I.. I'll just go wash it..".

Aadhira looks at Akshara after Unnati leaves to wash her eyes "Akshu what happened to her.. I know that I know her only for the past six months but I have seen her drifting into space thinking something.. I have also seen her trying to hide her tears at times.. what happened to her Akshu.. tell me na".

Akshara looks at her "It's a long story Aadhu.. somethings are just not in our hand.. and sometimes some actions done in anger and haste cause a lot of damage..". Unnati comes back, Aadhira looks at her, Unnati gives her a small smile "Okay Aadhu you go and meet that Aunty.. we'll leave now.. I'm getting late for the hospital".

Unnati and Akshara leave from the shop while Aadhira checks everything in the shop and also the requirements in the hospitals. She leaves from there to meet Karthik's mother at a restaurant.

Aadhira sees Narayani already waiting for her at the restaurant, she goes near the table. Narayani smiles seeing her "Aadhira.. you came.. I'm so happy to see you.. sit down kanna". Aadhira smiles seeing her "Hello Aunty".

Narayani smiles "Will you eat anything Aadhira..", Aadhira shakes her head "No aunty.. I just had breakfast..". Narayani nods, she just orders a coffee for herself.

Narayani looks at Aadhira "Aadhira.. I know Karthik would have been very rude to you yesterday.. I'm sorry from his side dear". Aadhira interrupts her "No aunty.. why are you saying sorry for him.. it's him who has to.. but I don't think so he ever will.. I'm sorry I know he is your son but he didn't even respond back when I greeted him.."

Narayani smiles a little "I know Aadhira.. that he wouldn't have.. though my Karthi is silent and quiet always.. he has not been rude like this before.. it's just that something happened in the past.. that's why he is like this.. he stopped talking to anyone properly after that".

Aadhira looks at her, she was curious to know what happened to him "What happened aunty". Narayani keeps looking elsewhere "You know that Karthik stays in Birmingham.. he studied there.. he wanted settle down there.. he has his own hospital called 'Reddys' there Aadhira.. he had a neighbour there.. her name was Navya.. they both became friends..

She was an aspiring model.. she was also staying alone there.. they both became friends.. she slowly changed my silent and shy Karthik into a bold one.. she became his best friend over time.. we were shocked but at the same time we liked that our Karthik was turning expressive.. but I was always scared of one thing..

I could see that Karthik was falling for her.. he was falling in love with her.. they way he used to talk about her.. the way his eyes would twinkle at the mention of her.. the way his face would brighten up just with her presence.. she knew that he was falling for her.. but I could see she always saw him as her friend..

Maybe she had feelings for him but they were not as deep as his.. after 3 years of silently trying to express his feelings for her.. he finally made a move and expressed himself to her.. I thought she will reject him.. I didn't want my baby to get hurt.. but she didn't reject him.. she accepted him..

I couldn't be completely happy for him.. there was constant fear in me.. soon their engagement was organised in Birmingham itself.. but she left him.. left him the day before their engagement.. saying that she got an offer from Los Angeles for modelling.. my baby broke down after that..

Its been more than a year to that.. but he still believes she will come back to him.. if she really wanted to.. she would have contacted him atleast him once in this whole year.. I don't want him to still keep thinking about the woman who isn't going to come back.. I want him to move on.. but he isn't ready to..

Aadhira looks at her "Aunty.. if he believes she will come back why don't you believe him.. he won't be happy marrying anyone else..". Narayani gives her a small smile "She won't come back Aadhira.. even if she does.. I don't think she will agree to marry him.. I really want him to move on Aadhira.. and you are best one for him as far as I know"

Aadhira looks at her surprised while she just smiles "Maybe you don't remember.. but you both were besties when you were kids.. we were neighbours.. you both always used to be together.. not leaving each other alone even for a few minutes.. we all thought that you both will fall in love growing up and then get married.. but we moved away.. you both drifted apart..

and probably you don't even remember those parts of being with each other and he has only a few memories of you.. I thought this marriage might rekindle that friendship again.. and probably you both will become each other's support.. I don't want my boy to be stuck on her Aadhira.. I think with you he can move on..

But I'm not forcing you.. think about it.. and then let me know your answer.. I'll accept whatever it is.. even if you want to reject him I'll accept it.. no force and no pressure Aadhira.. think through well and let me know your answer.. I will be waiting.."