“Why suggest it to start with?” She repeated loudly breaking the silence around her. “Why?” She again read the note attached to the gifts and decided Lisa was just being polite and didn’t want to hold her back from enjoying her favourite Christmas movie.

Roseanne bit her lip, contemplating her next move. She could be bold, couldn’t she? They had a moment back in the cockpit, hadn’t they? Besides, she still recalled Jisoo’s words from earlier in the week about their infatuation for each other.

Roseanne (20:26): Tell you what. I’ll start watching but you promise to come by as soon as you’re free?

...

‘She still wants me to come?’ Lisa thought when she read Roseanne’s answer. It had taken a little time and she wondered what had gone through the head of the blonde. Lisa felt a warmth spreading through her body at the fact that she was still very much invited to Roseanne’s, but as soon as she allowed herself to marvel in the feeling she caught the curious glance of Veronica.

“What?”

“Who are you texting?”

“That’s for me to know.”

“Finish up, we still have a few points to discuss.”

Lisa (20:27): I don’t know when I’m free but I’d love to come over. Just don’t want to be a nuisance.

...

Huh?’ Roseanne swallowed the liquid in her mouth questioning Lisa’s sense of reality. She could never be a nuisance. Whether or not Lisa knew it herself, Roseanne was very convinced the brunette could only be, if at all, positive trouble. If she wanted to find out, what could be between her and the pilot, she needed to be clearer of her intentions. She wanted Lisa to come over, not in as a booty call.

Roseanne blushed at her own thoughts. She simply wanted to spend time with her, get to know her, and explore their connection. She grinned at that and let her fingers type out her answer.

Roseanne (20:36): I’ll call the reception and have them hand you a key card. This way I can stay
comfy in bed with my treats. No bother at all.

....

Lisa glanced up from her phone, cheeks slightly red from Roseanne’s last message. Wasn’t it a big step from offering to spend time with each other watching a movie to be granted access to the room without restrictions? She sat up straighter, watching Veronica and Jackson at the other side of the room getting coffee, and biting her lip subconsciously.

There was nothing wrong with the offer, as she wasn’t a creep. They had had a moment earlier the day and Lisa was pretty sure if she had been braver she would know by now how Roseanne’s lips felt against hers. And she really wanted to know that, so much so much that it scared her. She hadn’t felt such a strong connection to anyone, not even the one whose name she despised with all her power.

She studied her phone for another moment before typing out her response and getting back to the meeting to wrap it up.

Lisa (20:40): Ok. I’ll finish as quickly as possible. See you soon.

She was so tired and longed for her bed, when she finally made her way down the second floor of the hotel. It was close to ten o’clock. Not really that late, but her day had been long and exhausting.

When she arrived in front of the door, she considered for a moment to knock rather than using the card, but she didn’t want Roseanne to get up. Especially after such a long time being comfortable in bed. She pushed the card into its designated slot and the green light flashed after a second accompanied by an unlocking sound. Lisa pushed the door slightly open, surprised to see the room drowned in darkness with music playing quietly in the background. She closed the door and stepped into the room to see Roseanne asleep, wrapped in her duvet. Lisa took a moment to calm her nerves and just watched the sleeping beauty.