The school had two libraries. The larger one and a smaller one that was basically abandoned. For the book that I needed, I was told to search for it in the abandoned one. More chances of finding it.

The baby simulator was still with Violet, so I had enough time.

To get to the library, I had to go down two sets of stairs. From what I heard, Mr Hastings rarely came down here.

Almost reaching the bottom of the stairs, I heard laughter. On guard, I snuck a peek around the corner and saw Edgar and Nick at the end of the stairs. Chillin'. Drinking from a bottle and sharing a blunt.

"Dude, where the fuck is your dad at?" Edgar questioned Nick before taking a hit. He passed the blunt back to Nick.

"Fucking hoes, I don't fuckin' know," Nick sniggered and shrugged as if he couldn't care less.

"I thought your parents were still together?" Dumbfounded, Edgar stared at Nick questionably.

"And?" Nick questioned his point.

"Nevermind," Edgar didn't want to push it.

Nick handed the blunt back to Edgar and drank straight from the bottle. "Not like my mom isn't fucking her body guard," he added. "She's somewhere fucking him and my dad is somewhere on the other side of the world, on a business trip," he air quoted, as if it were bullshit.

Nick tried handing the bottle to Edgar.

"Nah, you need it more than I do," Edgar rejected it.

As if it were ridiculous, Nick threw his head back laughed. "I don't give a fuck about what they do! As long as they pay my shit, I'm good!"

"But it must still suck," Edgar insisted.

"It's whatever," Nick kept up the front.

"I mean, my parents don't have the perfect marriage but they're stable," Edgar stated. Nick let out a groan. "Dude, you know I see you like a brother. You don't gotta pretend with me," Edgar assured.

"What's the point if nothing is going to change?" Nick shrugged it off. "Almost all families are like that!" He stated.

How sad that be truly believed that. Maybe in their social status it was. Imagine how horrible it was to grow up watching that and normalizing it. No wonder why Nick had this distorted idea about relationships. Explained a lot why he treated girls the way he did. Though, that did not excuse the way he objectified them.

"It doesn't bother you at all?" Edgar sounded skeptical.

"Why stress over something that you can't change?" No way of breaking through Nick. God, he was stubborn. "I win either way. Last time that I caught him cheating, he bought me a new car."

"Isn't that the time that he also paid for your trip to Thailand and you took all those girls?" Edgar recalled.

In a bragging manner, Nick laughed, "Fuck yeah!"

Clearly, these two were planning on staying here for a long time and I did not want to wait. Also I didn't wanna go past them so I was gonna have to wait on the book...

**********

Violet was walking too fast, making it nearly impossible for me to catch up to her. Still, she did not want to be seen with me. Come on, we were roommates and co-parenting this baby doll. We had to make an effort to get along. At least while doing the assignment. Honestly, I was barely able to stand her but was willing to make an effort. I just wanted to live in peace for now. I didn't want to be watching my back while sleeping at night. Wondering whether she was going to attack, so she could become a single parent.