4

-Meliodas' POV-

Princess Elizabeth had led us to a big room full of clothes, saying "I will help you find costumes for tonight, if you don't have any yourselves that is."

Me and Zel looked at each other a second before I shook my head.

"Well, normally it would be maids helping you with this, but they are all preparing the ball, so I will go and get some fitting clothes." She said, making us nod.

"Okay, I'm coming soon!" She said and left us alone. Looking at Zeldoris, I just asked "Did you get it?"

"Yes, did you?"

"No, I will try later tonight." I mumbled. He just nodded slightly before princess Elizabeth was back with two black costumes.

"Here, try this on." She said and gave us one each.

"Ummm, is there any changing roo-" Zel was cut off by princess Elizabeth saying "Right, sorry. Umm, we don't really have changing rooms because me and my mother is the only ones using this room, but I can walk out of here of it makes it better?"

He nodded, so she went out without a word.

"Zel?" I asked. He looked at me as he was unbuttoning his shirt. We both had to wear the exact same outfit every day. Black shirts and pants with a royal red tie and a royal red, sleeveless west and black shoes. It cover most of our bodies and it's dark colours.

I don't really like it though... it's too hot to wear most of the times. To my luck, I can take the west off when I'm in my room.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really wanna do this?"

"What?" He asked, making me sigh and say "Do you want to do this?"

"Yes, of course. It's to help father take down our enemies. Don't... you?" He asked, looking at me as he put on the costume, which was a red tie, black shirt and well, a black costume.

"I don't know anymore..." I sighed. He gave me a confused look, asking "Why not? When this is all over, you will be king and then we don't have to wear these masks or hide ourselves. We will be free and... I can be with Gelda without hiding."

"Maybe, bu-"

I was cut of by a door knock and princess Elizabeth peeking inside "Are you done?"

We nodded as she went up towards us.

"It's perfect." She mumbled, doing small details like pulling up the tie a bit and making sure everything was where it should. I smiled when she did so to me.

"Okay, let's do the hair now." She said and dragged us away to another room. I sighed. This is the part I hate because no one is able to do my hair.

She made us sit in a chair in front of a mirror before immediately going to get some things.

I don't even know what it is to do...

She stated with Zel, combing through his hair.

"Wow, your hair is so soft and doesn't even have a tangle... do you take care of your hair often? This can't be this soft naturally, right?"

Zel was mostly quiet, not to my surprise. We aren't allowed to talk about ourselves, not even our routines or anything.

Princess Elizabeth just smiled as she continued to take care of his hair. When she was done, it was down as she went over to me.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Zel doing his hair by himself so it was in his usual way, making me giggle.

"What are you laughing about?" Princess Elizabeth asked, making me look in front, just to lock eyes with her in the mirror.

"Nothing..." I mumbled, staring into her beautiful crystal eyes. We stared at each other's eyes, I couldn't help than to lose myself in them.

"Ahem, are... the two of you... okay?" Zel asked, making me look towards him a second before I looked back at princess Elizabeth, just seeing her blush as she started with my hair.

"Your hair is really messy..." She mumbled as she combed it. It hurt a bit, but nothing I couldn't handle.

"Okay, I can't do much more than this." She replied after like an half hour with trying to comb through my hair.

I stood up from my chair, walking up towards Zel and ruffled his hair so it looked like mine.

"So, now we looks more like brothers." I grinned, making him just blush a bit, saying "No, stop messing up my hair all the time M- brother."

A giggle was heard, making us both look towards Elizabeth.

"What are you laughing about?" I asked. She just smiled, asking "You two really seem to have a close relationship."

"Eh... no..."

I just smiled, not answering. We still aren't allowed to talk about our lives, but I'm happy to be with her anyways.

Me and Zel... well, we aren't that social. That's partly of the reason we don't talk much with others, but also because we are scared to reveal things we aren't meant to, like how I did to princess Elizabeth yesterday.

I'm happy to be with her anyways. She's so kind and really beautiful...

"Pardon me, but I have to get ready myself. I will see you at the ball, princes." She said, making me look at her. I don't want her to go...

She turned around, walking away.

I stretched out my hand and immediately went to stop her from going "P-"

I cut myself off and retreated my hand when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. Looking back at Zel, I just heard the door close behind princess Elizabeth.

He sighed, asking "Meliodas, you like her... don't you? That's why you asked me if I wanted to do what father asked of us... isn't that right?"

I gave him a sad smile, looking back at the door.

"I... I think I do... please, don't tell father..." I pleaded. He patted my shoulder, making me look at him again.

"Of course not... after all, you did the same for me and Gelda..."

I smiled, hugging him.