11. Curse

Aurora had been sending most her time trying to find a way to save the twins

Aurora had been sending most her time trying to find a way to save the twins. Slowly she felt the curse work its way threw her body, but she still had a smile on her face everyday.

As of right now Aurora was planning the winter ball with her girls and Hope. The winter ball was this weekend, two day away and they wanted everything to be perfect. They also wanted to invite parents to come as well so it was going to be big.

" So momma, I was thinking maybe, we can invite Hope to come with us to get our dresses today?" Josie asked her mom as she looked at Hope who was helping put up decorations.

" Sure Pumpkin, as long as her parents are okay with it." Aurora said nodding her head.

" Well about that we kinda already asked then, they said yes. When Klaus said yes, while Hayley wasn't too happy..."

" Alrighty then. Tell Hope to be at our house by four. Tell your sisters as well. And tell Hope to asked her Aunts if they want to come, the more, the merrier."

" Okay girls look around be back in this exact spot in one hour, have at least 3 dress options then we'll try them on and see which one looks best alright?" Aurora asked the girls they either nodded their heads or answered with yes or okay.

" Alright split up."

And they went their separate ways looking for dresses. After an hour they all met up again but the girls had not dresses. The adults did and so did hope but she didn't look very happy with the dress she picked. It was a light pink dress but it didn't really seem to be her color. She didn't really look happy with it hut tried to act as if she was.

" Mommy we didn't like any of the dresses, can we please wear on of yours? You have a bunch. " Lizzie asked Aurora.

" Of course sweetie. Hope, I have a dress I'm absolutely positive you'll like." Aurora said.

" Its fine Mrs. Forbes Salvatore, I like this one." Hope told her back but she didn't look very convincing.

" No you don't. Its fine, Hope. I have plenty of dresses. And you can call me Aurora outside of school."

It took a lot of convincing but eventually Hope agreed and everyone had a dress for the dance in two days.

Two day later everything at the winter ball turned out better than Aurora planned.

She was sitting at one of the tables watching her kids have fun with their friends, cousins, and hope, when Klaus came and sat next to her.

" So I saw that you let Hope borrow the dress, I gave you years ago at our ball." Klaus comments looking at her, before looking at Hope dressed in a royal blue dress.

" Yes, well I thought the dress would make her eyes pop. I also saw she wasn't quite happy with the other one she had picked." Aurora said looking at him.

" Well thank you. She loved it. I also didn't think you would keep it. After all this time. " Klaus told her honestly. " You should have seen hope when she came home. She looked really happy"

" Ya well she deserves the best. Just like every kid does." She told Klaus smiling at him.

" You look beautiful tonight, Love." He complimented her.

" Thanks. You don't look to bad yourself." And with that they sat in comfortable silence

" Thank you." Klaus told her breaking the silence and also making making Aurora confused.

" For what?" She asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

" For what you've done for Hope. She's finally feeling normal, and you were a big part of that. You have no idea how much she admires you already. She tells me you treat her as if she were your child."

" I treat every student here as they were my child. But hopes just different, she reminds me of the Triplets. How normal they wish they were. Hopes special, Klaus. She's a great kid. You did a good job." She told him honestly.

" Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me. I really think I'm making progress with the triplets."

" Really? I thought they were gonna at least keep ignoring for a couple more months." Aurora joked.

" Haha. They used to run away from me everytime I approached them, but now they at least look at me and stay at least two minutes before leaving." Klaus said with a big smile.

" Wow. That is amazing improvement." Aurora said sarcastically and Klaus glared at her. " Im just playing. But that is progress. They're very stubborn, it's going to take some time. You just have to be patient, Klaus." She told him, putting a hand on his shoulder, before getting up and joining the her kids and family.

" So Rory, how do you feel now that the Mikaelsons are back in town?" Elena asked at their weekend meetups at The Grill.

" You've already asked me this, Lena. I'm fine. Klaus and I are friends."

" Really? Friends? After everything he did to you?" Damon asked.

" Yes. Damon. I don't hold grudges as long as you do. You know im a very forgiving person. I can't help it. But I doesn't mean we're back together."

" Are you sure?" Bonnie asked her. " I don't think being friends is going to help you know ' the cupcakes." Making everyone except for Aurora look at Bonnie in confusion, wondering what she was talking about.

'The cupcakes' is what they decided to call the curse on Aurora. When they came up with the name, Aurora was 4 months pregnant with Stefanie and was the first thing to pop into her mind. She was also hunge at the time.

" I know. But I'm living life, Bonnie. It's going to happen eventually. I just feel like forgiving and being friends with everything. How is that so wrong?" Aurora told her with a fake smile.

Bonnie looked at her friend sadly. While everyone nodded their heads in understanding knowing that she didn't want any enemies. But none of the knew about the curse put on her and that it was slowly effecting her. No one besides Bonnie, Enzo and her sister.

Bonnie and Enzo were working their asses of trying to find a way to save Aurora from a slow and painful death, while Caroline was looking for a way to stop the twins from merging.

So far Bonnie and Enzo have found no luck. Since their kids go to the Salvatore Boarding School they've spent some time traveling around the world looking for anything that could save their find.

So far they've only found one thing. If they found out a huge secret, it'll stop her from dying, but she'll still be in a deep slumber in horrible pain living her worst fears and reliving everything bad she's ever done.

Even though Aurora was acting brave and as if she didn't care, Deep down she was scared. Scared as hell about what she knows she's going to go threw. But one thing scared her the most. And that was leaving her kids.

So she need to tell Bonnie. She needed to find a way to slow it down more.