Chapter 8

"Wh-wh-why can't I t-touch you" stuttered Skye "Unless you're some imposter that actually depises me" she spits her tone changing suddenly as new ideas flood her mind.
"This is why I don't want to tell anyone else. They won't believe me. They'll think I'm taking advantage of you. But I'm not. I love you and I spent my life trying to find you" she expressed, the raw emotion clear "I know this is hard and you are wary about trust but please, I go where you go, I will follow you to the grave"
"I still don't get why I can't touch you" Skye questioned. She only half believed what Lucy was saying and was trying to poke holes in her story.
"Well… *sigh* I already told you that dad abused me because I didn't have special abilities. But he was wrong, it is true I'm not you,  but, I do have abilities and maybe he was right to hurt me but"
Skye cut her off as she began trailing off "Don't you dare wish harm on yourself" she supplied, her empathic side kicking in. "What dad was unaware of was the way the genes react in siblings. Because mum contained the mutation when she gave birth, all her children therefore will contain the genes. The only difference is that the activation of the mutation is weaker further along the family tree. So instead of my abilities being triggered by the obelisk, my abilities are triggered by yours. I know what you are capable of. And I am very sorry about what happened to you, please just please, don't do that to me" Lucy's voice shaked and her eyes glistened.
"I am so sorry about what happened, but after Ward and hydra I am quite wary about who I let close" Skye said while counting down the hours to when Lucy would get dropped off the Bus. Even though these thoughts where going through Skye's mind there was still a glimmer of hope that this young girl before her was her sister.
"I thought you might have trouble believing, so I thought you might take it better from someone else" before Skye could ask anything an old looking spiral bound book was slid along the bed towards her.