Chapter 8: Ambush

Start from the beginning

"Talk about prejudice and sexism." You murmured with a bored expression with your left elbow on the table.

"I just can't understand such restraints, aside from money."

"I see you're just as miserly as ever. More importantly, the footage showing the area around Yuji keeps cutting out a lot."

"Do you know what that means, Gakuganji-san?" You said, turning to the principal who didn't reply anything, eyes stuck to the monitors.

"Animals are fickle. Sharing my senses with them is tiring, too."

"Huh? Is that true? Let's be blunt. Which side are you on, Mei-san?" asked Gojo as he leaned his head backward.

"Which side? I'm on money's side. There's no value to anything that can't be traded for money. You can't make money out of it, after all."

"Just how much have you saved up?" Gojo said before he turned back to you whose eyes squinted at the Kyoto principal behind you two.

"I don't know what he's planning, but it won't be that easy to deal with Yuji anymore."

"You know that I can read your mind, Satoru?" Gojo slightly flinched as you sent telepathy to his head. "The Kyoto students ambushed him but Todo stopped them."

"Oh, they're moving." Gojo stated as he noticed the talisman burned in red flame. Another talisman had already been burned with a blue flame. "One-to-one, huh? No one's paying enough attention to the game."

"Why can't they just get along?" Utahime muttered while sipping her new cup of tea.

"That won't be easy, Utahime-senpai." You replied to her.

"They must take after you, Utahime." Gojo teased her again and received a hit on the head from you.

" Gojo teased her again and received a hit on the head from you

"YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH!"

"By the way, Panda's the one who exorcised it." You told the two as you had a vision of Panda destroying one of the curses on the window.

And then, you watched the battle between Nobara and Momo as the former had overpowered her but quickly got defeated by Mai who shot at her from a far distance, saving her teammate. You then had a small excited grin as now you watched the battle between the two sisters.

You watched them battling as Mai kept shooting and missed until she decided to use her curse technique on the last bullet.

"'Construction' uses one's cursed energy to create matter from nothing. It differs from the manifestation of an innate domain within the barrier of a domain expansion. The matter produced by Construction doesn't disappear when the cursed technique ends. Because of that, it consumes a lot of cursed energy and puts a heavy strain on the body. Creating one bullet a day is Mai's maximum. That's why she uses a revolver to create an obvious bluff of her bullet count." Utahime thought in her head as she watched her student.